New Mercy ability?

Mercy is in a weird spot with the community and I feel like for the most part the one thing that everyone agrees on is that rez shouldn’t be an ability. I have an idea to replace it. Mercy could get her rez moved back to her ult and Ive seen some good ideas of ways to set that up but I wanna talk about a new ability. I feel that with the current dominance of sombra and Ana entering the meta, mercy receiving a purify ability would allow for some counter play and fit her kit well. I’m talking 1 person just to introduce some counter play. I would expect a longer cool down as its a strong ability and would make for strategic use of it. When used the ability would purge the person of choice from Burn, Anti and hack. This would allow some counter play to sombra’s big emp’s because you could remove the effect from a key player and possibly fight back. Anyway, let me know what yall think.

NO

No changes to Mercy for christ’s sake. And a purifying ability would be pretty overpowered (oh what’s that? My team got naded or EMP-ed? No problem, I’ll just press this button and subsequently make that ability and ultimate useless!)

6 Likes

Did you read, I said 1 person.

with apologies, I have only a will smith no for this one

1 Like

I mean, I wouldn’t mind. None of the heroes I play infflict any kind of debuff on the enemies.
:man_shrugging:
So even if its not used for Mercy, it’s still an ability that could belong in a new hero.

1 Like

You lost me at:

Also,

I strongly disagree. Many of us are quite content with Rez as an ability.

2 Likes

While there are many on both sides, for and against current Mercy, we shouldn’t be looking to the past. That being specifically we shouldn’t be looking to move resurrect back to her ultimate ability slot again.

I and many others will agree Mercy is in a strange spot, and of course there are many others who for some reason will disagree (genuinely, or possibly having another agenda of their own to ensure Mercy stays like she is - except trying to get rid of superjump as it’s in their interests I guess… effectively another nerf if it happens).

The problem is how does one go about finding a suitable alternative that many on both sides will be satisfied with. That’s the challenge, and then if that is achieved the next challenge is then getting the developers interested and hopefully agreed, which I’m sure other factors like OWL will be weighed in significantly.

Here is my response to said challenge

I thought about similar ability, it gives invincibility for 2 secs and clear all effects (for one hero)