New Issue With Camera Shake

Yeah I noticed it greatly on Widow and Ana

1 Like

Just add to the report, reinstalling wont fix it. Just giving heads up before someone has to wait the download again to be disappointed.

1 Like

I see such an option. We need an expert opinion from a psychologist on how such an effect can negatively affect human health, especially at a young age. If this effect is negative for health, then sue.

Depending on the severity of the condition, I’m sure this could cause increased experiences of nausea through motion sickness.

due to just how aggressive the movement of the camera is, it also might lead to slightly more eye damage than would normally be caused by blue light and other electronic light. though, im not sure if this would be measurable or provable for that matter.
if someone is experiencing vision problems potentially caused by this, they should probably just take a break and rest their eyes in general.

personally, it doesn’t cause me any pain as much as it’s just generally really annoying to see- because i know its not supposed to be there, and its ugly.

i already have heavy damage to my optical muscles and often see double vision when i drive. often have to close one eye so it doesnt look like oncoming traffic is drifting into my lane.

it’s really noticeable in training or custom games, but its not as bad online for some reason. still happens, but admittedly not as severe.

worst part about this all is the fact blizzard posted a “bug tracking update” on the forum listing some of the bugs they were currently working to fix. this one is not on there, which is annoying. i don’t care if they’re working on
it behind the scenes, but the lack of transparent communication is kind of embarrassing. not sure how much more work it would’ve been for the post author to write an extra sentence saying theyre aware of the issue.

2 Likes

+2 on the lack of communication. They seriously need to communicate that this is an issue theyre aware of and what the timeline for a fix is. I want to be able to play the damn game.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a different issue or an internal miscommunication of what the bug we are talking about actually does, but I hope this is the bug they’re talking about because if not I will be very sad considering this was just updated yesterday.

3 Likes

Aaron Keller tweeted about 9 hours ago that they have fixed the sigma and doomfist issues; they are now currently investigating issues with swift step as well as an issue with camera shake when firing. the latter is the bug we are all so annoyed by.

3 Likes

On pc noticed it when playing kiriko, tested it on other heroes and omg its jarring and is also messing with my frames :frowning: normally its funny to see what the new patch brakes (which is bad enough that its predictable) but this is very annoying and mean I’ll probably not play until its fixed cause its alittle sick inducing which sucks

3 Likes

Have this problem on PC, it makes the game so hard to play, makes me pretty sad.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and the game is not playable because it’s so weird to see this every time.
I will not play until this problem is solved

1 Like

Yeah I’m also going to refuse to play the game until this is solved. The only reason I’ve been booting the game up is just to check if there is a fix in practice range and then closing it when I see there isn’t.

2 Likes

Any updates? It’s been almost a week now, don’t get how this isn’t seen as a bigger issue… Genuinely find it wildly vertigo inducing. I don’t know how most people are just carrying on playing as usual :frowning: Come on man, this is an accessibility issue. By the way, disabling the HUD entirely seems to help massively, just have to play with no reticle then lmao.

2 Likes

This makes sense since I reckon the issue is with hit markers since it only seems to show up when you get a hit marker. I would love to hear an update on this but we haven’t heard anything short of they" know about it" and are “investigating”

So after some testing, I have found that if you do alt+z to turn off the HUD, it actually makes the camera shake go away. I think this is proof that there is something they updated with the HUD (I’m thinking hit markers like I mentioned above). Hopefully the devs see this so we can get an expedited fix.

6 Likes

Tested this out, works in most cases, but Zenyatta’s right-click charge still shakes like crazy. So I guess there might be a different code for some motion-related camera shakes and the “hit” related camera shakes.

I guess I’ll be playing without UI now, let’s goooooo!!!

1 Like

It better not be, it wasnt supposed to be and they better not lie and say it is just to not fox it

Fix it already like robot devs

Still a big still not able to play cause of it

It appears that some absolutely heroic individuals just silently patched this with a small update :slight_smile: It’s weird, I might be mad but it feels like it’s still slightly there just now it’s synced with the main dmg indicator? Anyway, it’s so much better, feeling very glad.

1 Like

Sigh, well they fixed the screen shake but now Tracer’s primary fire is bugged for me. It’s bugged kinda like the Baptiste primary fire bug. Not reproduceable in firing range. Only in actual game and only when targeting enemies. The weapon just randomly cuts in and out while expending your clip.