New Heroes and Maps in Competitive Play

Starting with the releases of Blizzard World and Brigitte, we made the decision to debut new maps and heroes in Competitive Play at the beginning of the season that follows their release. This means that Brigitte will become available in Competitive Play when Season 10 begins, just as Blizzard World became available at the beginning of Season 9. This will help give each competitive season a stronger identity, as well as provide the community with plenty of time to learn how to play with new maps or heroes.

176 Likes

Neat. Thanks for the update, at least now we know when Brigitte is coming to competitive.

12 Likes

…That sucks.

…20

182 Likes

cool … how about having patches only going out with seasons too ?:smiley:

41 Likes

oh wait nvm they are basically doing that now anyways

47 Likes

So she will hit competitive only in May? Wow, this will be a long wait for people who don’t enjoy quick play that much.

191 Likes

What about Quick Play?

When does Season 9 end? I feel like it just began like a week or two ago.

10 Likes

It began 2 weeks ago, so season 10 will begin araound May.

She will probably hit quick play next week.

2 Likes

I like this. There is plenty of time for people to learn how to play her in and out.

16 Likes

I feel that’s WAY too long. If they are going to keep her in QP and Arcade that long, why have her on the PTR and not work out the bugs where she can be played by everyone?

I didn’t mind Blizzard world because that season was close to ending already, but not getting to try out Brigette competitively in such a long time bums me out.

128 Likes

ouch, rip the players that only play competitive and want to try out the new hero

95 Likes

Actually, It is very disappointing for me and other players who play only in Comp. I mean, the current release rate of new gameplay content is very slow and now you basically delay another peace of that content. There is a lot of players who don’t care about skins and temporary events. There is a lot of players who want to play only in comp, they want to play seriously. That category of people will not be please at all with this decision. We already have to wait 4 month between hero releases, we already have to wait unknown, but definitely long periods of time between hero reworks and balance changes. We need some refreshment, some major changes in balance to shake up meta in every season, or the game quickly become stale and boring.

One weak delay was more than enough to try her in QP before entering Comp. Especially when a lot of players usually test new heroes in PTR too.
But waiting entire season is too much. There is no need in this. A lot of players will be pissed.

158 Likes

Because the PTR is not really a place where the majority of people spend their time at, only a very small portion of players tested her there. Being in the game in all modes except Competitive play allows for the majority of players out there to test her, play her for some time, give their opinions, etc. Then if there are any necessary balance changes needed, they can make them before the beginning of next season to make sure she goes into competitive not overly OP or UP.

12 Likes

Disappointing. That’s not how it works in other games with hero-based selection. A week is more than enough.

Hopefully the feedback is listened to.

120 Likes

Literally have this support only account ready to decimate comp and now I can’t have Bridg yet …sigh . Dumping 50 hours on her on PTR gone to waste .

22 Likes

This makes literally zero sense, especially with heroes. The end result will still be the same, just prolonged. For a week after her comp release you’re gonna have everyone autolocking her without having any idea how to play her. Aside from their kits, you can’t learn a new character in quickplay/arcade mode, it just doesn’t translate to comp. This is just ridiculous, you’re not solving any problems by waiting to release new heroes to comp.

117 Likes

That’s terrible. We have to wait THAT long to play her? Come on now. She’s already been on the PTR for what seems like forever. Quick play is a joke man…this sucks very disappointed Blizzard.

86 Likes

I honestly think this is a horrible idea. Comp has honestly gone stale for me at this point and to have to wait even longer to change it up is disappointing to say the least.

72 Likes