New Hanzo Voice Lines!

Hi Blizz!! Thank you for the new voice lines for Hanzo between D.Va and Ashe!!

I sure wish you would give us a little more lore but I guess I’ll take what I can get for now.

D.Va: You remind me of someone, you’re so serious though

Hanzo: I believe you are mistaken

Ashe: I actually don’t remember :sweat_smile: something along the lines of, “from what I can tell we have similarities in how we like things done.”

Hanzo: For your sake, I hope not.
—————
I’d really like to see some more depth into this conversation. What was Ashe referencing, what did Hanzo’s response mean…?

I think Ashe and Hanzo make good teammates (in-game and in lore). Still thinking you should ship Widowmaker and Hanzo though.

My guess is that Hanzo and Genji resemble each other and since D.Va has met (or seen Genji or :woman_shrugging:t2:) she sees a resemblance but can’t quite put her finger on it…

Curious to see other people’s thoughts.

Anyone else notice some new voice lines between a couple of your favorite heroes??

For me: Hanzo/Ashe/D.Va are top of the list :innocent::innocent:

3 Likes

Still waiting for Genji to interact with Widow, Pharah, and Roadhog.

3 Likes

I would definitely like to see more interactions between Widow and Genji. I play a lot more Widow than I do Genji.

But there has to be some lore there as well… And I’m still waiting to see how Blizz is gonna tie the Aussies into the story. Daddy Jeff pretty much said Hanzo doesn’t currently fit into the story very well :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Edit: I like the interactions between Tracer and Pharah (another two heroes I really like).

2 Likes

Ashe: From what i can tell, you and I are simpatico on how we like things run.
Hanzo: For your sake, I hope not.

I think she means that they are similar to the fact that they were both heirs of great empires and rich houses, they was raised to be leaders and be able to handle their parents’ businesses in the future. However, both of they abandoned their families, for diferentens reasons, and become “ordinary” criminals. And for this reason, they are a shame and disgrace for their families.

5 Likes

Yes!! That was it!! Thank you!! :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I feel this… And I think its pretty correct.

I wonder why Hanzo responded as he did…? :woman_shrugging:t2:

He’s so torn in what direction he wants to go in. He wants to be a good/honorable man and yet he wants to make his father proud (I find it hard to believe that Sojiro believes being the crime boss of Japan is “good”).

Then again… :woman_shrugging:t2:

Well, it’s complicated.

I think Ashe is really happy about her new life, what she became. Hanzo not.

Ashe gained a family, Hanzo lost one. Although the eldest of the Shimadas is trying to regain his honor he isn’t proud of what he did and what he became. He despises himself as much as he hates what he was forced to do to Genji. Yes, he “killed” his brother, it was what he “should” to do but he really didn’t want and now the guilt eats away at him.

He doesn’t travel that path because he likes it, like Ashe, he does because he thinks he should do it to atone for his guilty. He isn’t proud of himself, of leaving his family, and, although he lives by and for honor, he considers himself dishonorable.

The meaning of good and bad can vary greatly depending on the standards of each person and context. Sojiro was a criminal who trafficked weapons and drugs, however, he was an “honorable” man with values that respected and cared his family and people (at least that is what Kashiko tells in Kanezaka’s letter). Hanzo grew up in his shadow learning these principles and values. Honor (in Shimada’s standars) is very important in the clan.

(I hope you can understand what i wanted to explain, my english is not really good. Sorry :persevere:)

3 Likes

Anything new involving Junkrat. He’s just so funny lol

1 Like

Junkrat is just kuriozum for me.

We’re gonna see Genji vs Widow in ow2 as showed in blizzconline

1 Like