New game modes!

I think it is about time we got a new gamemode, now I know blizzard is busy but they should work on some new gamemodes.  For example: payload race; where eqch team has a payload and you need to choose to push yours or stop the enemy teams payload.  There could also be tug of war (¿only name I could think of?) one payload, it starts in the center, if it reaches the destination on your side you lose, the other teams side, you win!

What do you guys think of these ideas, post more ideas in the comments!!

Payload race in TF2 was good fun.
A bit meme-y, so I don’t know if it’d be good in competitive matches, but fun nonetheless.

But it’s been made pretty clear Blizz ain’t adding any new content since they’re focusing so hard on contributing their funds to OWL for a while. :confused: Events are just repeats and the few skins we get are less than impressive (for the most part).

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you, I didnt see that!!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they said they’re working on balance changes, aka not OWL.

1 Like

8v8 mode with two active capture points (King of the two hills?). Map size would be larger than normal.

Teams start at 0% on objective. When both capture points are simultaneously owned, the percentage goes up. Lose a point and you don’t gain anymore percentage.

First team to 100% wins the round.

2 Likes

That would be really cool

This font is really annoying.

I’d like new game modes though.

1 Like

Why do you make me sidescroll to read your thread OP?

That has to be illegal

3 Likes

I know no game engine could ever support it, but a 29 v 29 mode where every hero is available to play and every hero must be picked.

1 Like

I can’t link it here, but there’s several posts by devs confirming the Overwatch team is putting more effort towards OWL rather than the game…
The balance changes we’ve seen so far – the community dislikes. Some of the balance changes that have been passed haven’t even been put on PTR, either.

I’m not meaning to sound well… super negative or mean, but why do you think more updates about OWL have been posted than about the games state? I don’t remember the last developer update tbh. But they’re adding more and more OWL skins (the away ones recently) and I’ve seen posts everywhere about the new teams.

CS;GO did the same thing. They put their focus on their competitive scene because it made them more money for the game in the long run. So I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m just saying they’re going to have to be careful about it or they’re going to lose their playerbase. So many streamers have already moved on, and I know several people personally that are just bored by the lack of actual content. :confused:

If they are working on balance updates, I’d like to see less heroes being hard-countered in the future.

2 Likes

I think there was a splatoon game mode like this. It was really fun so I’d love to see it in overwatch.

1 Like

Sorry I dont know why it did that

I think you clicked a formatting button when you were typing it. You can probably fix it by editing your post and deleting these symbols: `