New forums are cool, but where is the new Hanzo?

are the changes that you guys settled on the same as the ones geoff shared with us a couple of weeks back (volley, lunge)?

if so can’t wait to try the new hanzo :o

1 Like

can hanzo fire during his lunge?
or is it like mccree?

1 Like

I just wish this type of feedback actually gave a time estimate even if vague (expect it to hit PTR in 1-3 months ect) And if delays pop up just put a new post here in the Official Forums

1 Like

I can’t wait, ty. …

So excited! I can’t wait to try him!

When I heard about the new “rapid fire arrow” ability I imagined it as Hanzo either nocking or setting 6 arrows on his bow ready to be fired.

I’m excited to see the Hanzo changes, hopefully it’ll make the no-aim/one-trick Hanzo’s more bearable in comp

Do you plan to do anything else with Doomfist? Please Jeff

The wait is killing me…

2 Likes

i never thought about that. im so glad you guys are so active on the forum. thanks jeff

1 Like

I can make do with the placeholder animations and sounds or even a lack of both. Whatever you use in internal testing is fine with me. I just really want to playtest the new Hanzo. So could it sit in PTR until the art stuff is done instead?

The performance on PTR might even help you decide if you want to pull the trigger on the art resources.

It seems they are only really active with certain heroes, though.

what do you mean? i see them posting everything

please look at the new suggestion for Hanzo devs. the creator of that idea put in a lot of effort to make make it. he deserves at the very least a gift card and a n acknowledgment on his post.

Link?
(apparently there’s a 20 character minimum, so this is here to meet it).

I agree they should look deeply into suggestions, but with all my time trying to get a response on Doomfist, I’s say it;s sadly unlikely.

I cannot post the link. forums will not let me. It’s in the PTR Feedback Forum.

Title is [Playable] Hanzo proof of concept

2 Likes

whoa, golden text, did you pay 3000 Competitive credits for this ?

1 Like

I know we all hate scatter arrow, and I’m not saying it was a good ability… But I’m worried about this new ability.

First of all, I think “fire 6 arrows - but really quickly” is boring and uninspired. But more importantly, I feel Hanzo is a really inconsistent hero. I hate seeing him on my team (which is every game), and I feel that these changes are going to make him even more painful to put up with.

Hanzo’s inconsistency is in part due to having a specialized mid-range weapon but no real mobility to help him maintain that range. Since his effective range is so dangerous for him, players tend to stay further back.

1 Like