New feature no one is talking about

You got a code for that one buddy? Some of them are a bit annoying because they clip behind the walls. I wonder if that has been fixed?

I don’t know if this is the right place or person to ask this, but is this any chance of a map editor feature coming? Maybe for OW2?

I think it was keith or dan which said they were looking into it a while ago and I haven’t heard about it since.

1 Like

I have like at least 75% of my hours on custom games

currently I am addicted to vs 20 rein, and I see heat street is making a comeback

1 Like

I recommend trying tiny hide and seek, it’s fun, and funny :rofl:

I have a copy of an aim perfect one, but the camera is pretty clumsy so will refrain from posting it, gets a little nauseating when turning even if the aim is 1 to 1. Hopefully there is an aim perfect version with a more smoother camera thats since came out considering this one is almost a year old.

1 Like

exactly what it sounds like.

(it’s a 2D take on Flappy Bird, but replace the bird with Mercy)

7 Likes

But did they add an option to pick your data server? :upside_down_face: 3 months now and they’ve said nothing to us since the first week…

Not a single thing to say

“we’re not adding a data server picker”
“the only way from now will be to use a VPN”
“You’ll have to queue with a friend and take a chance on which server it puts you”
or
“This is an upcoming feature, please bare with us”

NOTHING

they left thousands of people in the dark because they wanted to “lower queue times” WHICH DIDNT LOWER THEM

It’s disgusting, my Jamaican friends no longer want to play with me because it puts them on a EUR server when they play with me.

THEY REMOVED A HUGE FEATURE THAT TONS OF PEOPLE USED. To the people affected by this chance, no feature they add will make up for the one they removed from me that ruined my whole experience of the game, unless that feature was to basically bring it back but to select in game. I even began to barely use the forums now too.

Nobody talks about big features like that being REMOVED

3 Likes

I completely forgot that the workshop even existed.

I imagine I’m not the only one.

1 Like

To be honest I recommend trying it, not between matches, but actually trying it, some of the modes are literally just 5 minute fun to try between matches, but some are legitimately fun to play for a sitting, me and my friend have been trying the workshop more since there’s been zero new content and things are getting stale. So we been hitting the workshop and there is some decent modes there. 2D OW is one of our favorites.

1 Like

I have to be honest I barely touch custom games. While it’s a nice feature it’s something that should of been available years ago. Relying on people to pass around game codes on third party websites because nothing in game, not even these forums really promote them is beyond a joke.

Custom games were my favorite part of games like Starcraft but in OW they are just meh. Most of them are pretty clunky, though getting better. Half the time people abuse being the creator to make their own hero choice OP and every thing else trash, like Torb’s turret having 1hp while Phara’s rockets do 300 dmg.

Plus it earns you no xp, loot boxes etc. Given the rather tedious grind already in OW if you want to earn boxes for skins still it’s not something for every one. Winning 9 arcades games a week and at least one Flex que per day is already quite a bit of play time. Not to mention playing competitive or anything else.

I understand rewards in custom games could be abused but to add rewards to the game and exclude it from Custom games really lowers the incentive for new players who might still want loot box items to stay away from them.

Cool…but I have no idea what Flappy Bird is either.

I’ll Google it.

Just curious here. Can you tell us why blizzard is trying to push this mode so much when there is barely anyone interested in it?

Also we all know what happened with dota so what is even the benefit of trying to make anything with blizzard tools if you are going to get stripped from ownership rights even if trying to port your creation to something else afterwards?

2 Likes

They push nice stuff like this out all the time.
In example, hud updates and kill feed icon changes. They just don’t talk about it much for some reason. I wish they do.

1 Like

The only things I played for only a FEW hours were the ffa deathmatch, the omnic pve thing, and the tiniest bit of arcade when they came out. Deathmatch got boring when Roadhogs were alive way too long and no one wanted to attack them, and that became one sided. The other stuff was only fun for a few minutes before getting boring.

Then theres custom, which I have absolute zero interest in other than one time, because I wanted to make a 1v1 for me and my one friend who still played the game at the time. All the custom games I see are just girls only, red light green light, lets hang out for infinity time in basically a non vr chat environment.

Its boring, and quite frankly, theres better games to do this in. From my personal experience also, its usually these people that decide to play a regular game and then bring all the roleplay into it, and what should have been a fun win turns into a stressful loss that shouldn’t have been. All because DVA is ‘dancing’ in the enemy backline, cause they weren’t there to play the game anyways.

There’s enough stress in this game with the bad matchmaking in BOTH quickplay and competitive, and most people not caring anyways. In the end, Overwatch being a TEAM reliant game is both the best and worst part of it. Unfortunately the worst part is the bigger portion of the playerbase, from beginning till now.

Perhaps because there isn’t barely anyone :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Prett you don’t understand. If I don’t like it, that means barely anyone does.

5 Likes

It’s a section that people use for eRP. It’s best to stay away.

It personally doesn’t seem to matter to me since the games that are shown are what’s basically a dime a dozen Doom Parkour, Emote to Grow, Tiny OW, etc. Every time it’s like this when I jump onto the Game browser every day.

Finding out that this existed was at the same time the most and least surprising thing I’ve encountered in quite awhile.

If the current amount is considered “many” then literally nobody is playing the main game.

1 Like