New feature no one is talking about

I care 0% about workshop.

3 Likes

Well, I know I spammed the workshop devs about improving discoverability during their last interview.

[💭] Workshop Devs, interviewed by SVB

Probably was already on their minds, but happy to see it happen.

5 Likes

Andy you should give third person overwatch a try. I would actually love for that to become an arcade mode.

2 Likes

im now checking the workshop in 1 hour just to see if you pushed it into the top games screen

i do believe it’s a cool addition, but i still prefer the old browser, and although it’s still there, i’d appreciate if there was an option to open that section up automatically

1 Like

It’s on my list of modes to try, along with Genji dodgeball and Ana golf.

8 Likes

Glad to hear it buddy!

2 Likes

Did the lawsuits around harassment, bullying and discrimination have any effect on launching new features?

What is Flappy Mercy?

Make sure you get the aim perfect 3rd person mode. There is a few early versions that have where you are shooting slightly off of where you are aiming, but later versions correct this so its 1 to 1 where you are aiming and where you are going to shoot.

1 Like

You got a code for that one buddy? Some of them are a bit annoying because they clip behind the walls. I wonder if that has been fixed?

I don’t know if this is the right place or person to ask this, but is this any chance of a map editor feature coming? Maybe for OW2?

I think it was keith or dan which said they were looking into it a while ago and I haven’t heard about it since.

1 Like

I have like at least 75% of my hours on custom games

currently I am addicted to vs 20 rein, and I see heat street is making a comeback

1 Like

I recommend trying tiny hide and seek, it’s fun, and funny :rofl:

I have a copy of an aim perfect one, but the camera is pretty clumsy so will refrain from posting it, gets a little nauseating when turning even if the aim is 1 to 1. Hopefully there is an aim perfect version with a more smoother camera thats since came out considering this one is almost a year old.

1 Like

exactly what it sounds like.

(it’s a 2D take on Flappy Bird, but replace the bird with Mercy)

7 Likes

But did they add an option to pick your data server? :upside_down_face: 3 months now and they’ve said nothing to us since the first week…

Not a single thing to say

“we’re not adding a data server picker”
“the only way from now will be to use a VPN”
“You’ll have to queue with a friend and take a chance on which server it puts you”
or
“This is an upcoming feature, please bare with us”

NOTHING

they left thousands of people in the dark because they wanted to “lower queue times” WHICH DIDNT LOWER THEM

It’s disgusting, my Jamaican friends no longer want to play with me because it puts them on a EUR server when they play with me.

THEY REMOVED A HUGE FEATURE THAT TONS OF PEOPLE USED. To the people affected by this chance, no feature they add will make up for the one they removed from me that ruined my whole experience of the game, unless that feature was to basically bring it back but to select in game. I even began to barely use the forums now too.

Nobody talks about big features like that being REMOVED

3 Likes

I completely forgot that the workshop even existed.

I imagine I’m not the only one.

1 Like

To be honest I recommend trying it, not between matches, but actually trying it, some of the modes are literally just 5 minute fun to try between matches, but some are legitimately fun to play for a sitting, me and my friend have been trying the workshop more since there’s been zero new content and things are getting stale. So we been hitting the workshop and there is some decent modes there. 2D OW is one of our favorites.

1 Like

I have to be honest I barely touch custom games. While it’s a nice feature it’s something that should of been available years ago. Relying on people to pass around game codes on third party websites because nothing in game, not even these forums really promote them is beyond a joke.

Custom games were my favorite part of games like Starcraft but in OW they are just meh. Most of them are pretty clunky, though getting better. Half the time people abuse being the creator to make their own hero choice OP and every thing else trash, like Torb’s turret having 1hp while Phara’s rockets do 300 dmg.

Plus it earns you no xp, loot boxes etc. Given the rather tedious grind already in OW if you want to earn boxes for skins still it’s not something for every one. Winning 9 arcades games a week and at least one Flex que per day is already quite a bit of play time. Not to mention playing competitive or anything else.

I understand rewards in custom games could be abused but to add rewards to the game and exclude it from Custom games really lowers the incentive for new players who might still want loot box items to stay away from them.