New Feature – High Precision Mouse Input (Gameplay Option)

Assuming this doesn’t affect ps4? Its in the ps4 patch notes, but ye have said in the past that mouse n keyboard on console isnt supported or allowed

2 Likes

So that means a Mccree used to one click one shoot will prevail a Mccree that used to hold LMB for Primary shoot ?

2 Likes

Is not in the game yet. He says ‘‘feature in version 1.42’’ and rn we’re with 1.41

1 Like

Wow, thank you for this update.
This may remedy some of the symptoms some of us have experienced over the years at times.

Next, can you turn attention to helping people reduce input lag?
I don’t have a problem with input lag as I’ve learned to set up things to reduce it, but others do and I think gaming would return to better days if people knew more about it and was able to reduce it.

5 Likes

(Trying to figure out how to apply this with my Xbox controller)/s

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

1 Like

any ETA on when doomfist 40 - 50 bugs will get worked on?

5 Likes

Tested this out in PTR earlier this month and it definitely makes a difference, in my opinion. It might just be a placebo effect thing, but it definitely feels a lot smoother with my low DPI and high-ish sens.

Can somebody explain to me like I’m a stupid idiot because I am a stupid idiot?

3 Likes

Good, so now by doing that, Fair matchmaker is fixed, no more cheaters, no more boosters, 250 hp heroes are no longer the 3 meta defining DPS picks, and that will bring back every player that left the game, overall all is nice and dandy, well done! Kappa. :smiley:

10 Likes

Every mouse has a polling rate. Some mice have the ability to customize polling rate, most maxing out at 1000hz.

Thank you so much for this! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

How would this work in tandem with Nvidia’s most recent patch to GeForce software, which allowed a toggle for “low-latency modes” in each game supported by the Nvidia Control Panel?

The low-latency modes essentially reduce actual input lag, as in, the delay between an input device activity event, like a mouse click, and the game taking that corresponding data as registered with an appropriate output based on that input event. Example: “user input = mouse click” --> “1 shot of weapon primary fire.” (I say “actual” because in monitor parlance, “input lag” term is also used to describe the delay between a received signal that was sent to the display, and its actual output on the screen; they should really call that output lag ).

1 Like

Dope effort from the team ! Thank you so much !

Playing at 1600dpi, i wonder if i was at disavantage before. Excited to try this out.

Edit : #helptheforgottenhitscans :wink:

2 Likes

Will this feature be disabled for console since they shouldn’t be using a mouse anyway?

This looks pretty good!! :slight_smile:

Short and clear, thank you :slight_smile:

I can wait to try out these new features…

… I haven’t been about to play a normal game of Overwatch in over a week… played a lot of Overwatch 2 of course.

2 Likes

Why is not enabled by default?
So all have the same experience

#feelingloved

#ohyoushouldntve

1 Like

As mentioned in does slightly increase the demands on the CPU. Systems that are below the recommended system requirements (not the minimum) tend to have trouble with maintaining balanced CPU performance.

2 Likes