New Competitive System is a Joke

I’m starting to think the DEVS that play suck at the game, This is the ONLY reason I can see for the PROVEN Skill matrix of KD ratio isn’t used during sr adjustments. LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FPS IN EXISTENCE DOES, They want to be inclusive so bad they are taken Overwatch behind the shed. . If you lose a game you should lose SR, but the amount lost should be connected to your PERSONAL performance during the match. A negative KD out of ratio with the team should be punished. A healing number under the teams and characters average should be punished. So on and So on…. This would help move people to where they belong in the end while still weighing wins and loses the most.

3 Likes

When they’ve dressed it up as something more than that, and used it as a replacement for the expected new map or game mode then no, I’d say it wasn’t enough.

OW1 then…

After playing several games on multiple accounts I can say almost for sure this was just a balance patch and another cosmetic reset. Nothing was done, same bad matches as usual same discrepancies in rank. Nothing was actually reset… Just another round of cosmetic changes.

This was the last time I planned on giving comp a shot. They just cant do it, they dont have the talent needed for a good comp system. So its QP warrior from now on.

3 Likes

Agreed. But I don’t know why though. I mean at this point they could reset everyone’s SR and MMR to zero. It’s not like the match quality can get much worse than it already is.

I dont know, theyre just bad at it I guess. Skill issue with the people designing the system. Its just gonna be a bad system, they cant fix it apparently. Games are somehow even more smurf filled and out of balance now than before with the tank gaps being absolutely massive. Its just bad

1 Like

They never really said they were changing ranked… just showing you more.
But yeah all of my placement games, win or loss, projected me for the same rank each time so… no point in trying

1 Like

Honestly the game feels worse. I see even more clearly out of rank players now than I did before. This did Nothing to move smurfs up or drop boosted players down. It did literally nothing lol

I’ll give it a couple weeks. It’s still early to see real change especially if everyone is just back where they were

All they need to do is bring PBSR back or whatever it was they changed from OW1. It was never this bad there. And surely if it’s 5v5 that makes the game this bad then the answer is to get rid of 5v5.

Spoofing the system has been allowed since day one, and sadly this opened the doorway.(but it increased MAU’s so the more the merrier.) Problem is once that mindset took hold the slippery slide of side hustling over-watch really picked up steam.

The desire to monetize over-watch is understandable but sadly like in sports money often times corrupts the integrity. Only thing is now that gms have something to do they might not contribute to spoofing the MM as much since champion will take some time to achieve.

1 Like

I got a pretty significant bump down. GM2 or whatever I ended S8 at down to M5. But you’re right, they didn’t actually reset anyone. But allegedly later in the season that’ll be changed, at least based on the verbiage in the patch notes.

But yeah it’s the same exact system as when they first introduced metal ranks. The new dev team just kind of backpedals after the new stuff. I mean the 5 wins for an adjustment system was awful, so it’s a welcome change.

I wish bro I went from mid GM to low diamond

1 Like

Comp CAN be “Quickplay with 2 rounds” if you squint your eyes and tilt your head just right…:wink:

PBSR (aka Your stats) being removed as a metric is THE WORST DECISION BESIDES GOING 5v5

1 Like

They need to take away anything that can remind you that you purchased a good game and got scammed when they added a 2 to the title.
This game has been a joke since then. Thank god aaron made sure we got our hands on this game sooner. For that pve they knew didn’t exist.
5 years and 15 minutes of content. How. tf.

This is a lie.
The Competitive Progress page doesn’t even show up half the time, and if it does it only ever shows +/-20% with no modifiers.

It was all lies and betrayal… ringing in 37k heals in one game, won almost all of my placement games…. Still the same rank as before.

we don’t receive credits for our ranks until february next year and why is that?

The match maker is the one thing that ruins this game i swear. I get into games where the dps will get 3 elims all game and im sitting there just scratching my head thinking what is this trash match maker doing.

They gave the old SR system to COD and gave COD system to overwatch 2