New Competitive System is a Joke

Nope just a big progress bar 0-100%, left is 1 rank down and right is 1 rank up. I lost and went down and red 21%, I won and its gone back up green 20%.

1 Like

I’m complaining because they said it would be transparent and tell you why you had gone up or down, favoured to win and lost etc. it doesn’t do any of that. There’s one screen with essentially the sr number but a %, there’s another screen on an info button which says why your rank ‘could’ be green or red. Nowhere does it say why it was green or red for that game. So they are giving us no extra information whatsoever.

Which unless I and everyone else here were mistaken, is what they said it was going to do, no?

3 Likes

Bro you got it right, The lie feels immense with this one. No room for coping. There was no reset. Throw ALL The DATA out and start clean slated is a reset…. This is FAR from that

4 Likes

Well a lot of the T500 people didn’t want a full reset.
They felt they shouldn’t have to grind back up to T500. Just keep the small community of people who all know each other and don’t play meta comps constantly. Way it is boss.

1 Like

That’s not a competitive scene, Thats what you call socially engineered gatekeeping and a not an integrity driven competitive environment.

3 Likes

This is what the season 9 patch notes say. But it’s not true. Unless it’s broken and not working. All I get is a progress bar with a percentage and bit that’s green on the end, which I guess is the modifier. But Nowhere does it tell me what has produced that gain or loss, streak, instability etc. Unless Im missing something obvious?

2 Likes

It’s a small indie company who only had half a year to finish ui design. Relax maybe we need to buy more skins and they can fund the rest of the patch.

3 Likes

Seriously though people. all the deranking players. the countless stacks of them. Theyve been losing sleep with excitement over trolling. Give it a few days. Youre gonna get really bad matches for a few days

Matches in placements were no worse or better than last season. Expected seeing as it’s a scam and nobody’s rank or MMR has changed in the slightest. I’m honestly starting to think it’ll all turn out to be a big joke, roll on April 1st and they’ll be like haha jk, Jeff’s back and here’s the real OW2 with full PvE campaign we promised you all, oh and 5v5 yeah that was a cracker wasn’t it. Don’t be insane we’d never do that.

8 Likes

At the very least you’d think it’d be different than 21% loss for losing and 20% gain for win, when its vs a different rank. But I’ve played multiple games g4-g3 and its still the same numbers.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure their “transparency” was it showing your rank update after each game. They did not say they were going to put each and every reason why your ranked moved. Pretty sure they just showed those, to show what can affect the amount of elo you get.

huh? dude just posted the notes…

1 Like

I went 8-2 and ranked silver 1. It really doesn’t feel like anything changed other than you got to do some placements. I only went from silver 4 to silver 1 after 8-2.

2 Likes

Guess we can add to the list of words devs don’t know.

• Sequel
  • Fun
  • Reset
3 Likes

Same. The placements were easier than usual, but after that it was back to season 8 reality. Maybe that’s actually my rank and the system works? Or nothing works?

I see them but others also report them missing. If there were no special modifiers, none are shown. The i is just all detailed explanations

5v5. Exactly same rank and division as last season :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah I’ve seen them a few times now. I lost extra rank for being favoured to win a game where our tank left after we lost the first fight… Fun.

I still don’t get why I lose or gain different amounts of SR in matches where there are no modifiers shown though. If there’s no modifiers it should be the baseline amount, whatever that is.

Maybe. But do you think the same thing would happen if you created a new account?

For me it was more giving up due to trash match quality rather than any want or need to climb ranks. If I was plat and that was my skill, and all the matches were with other plats and they were the same skill level then I would happy. But that isn’t what happens. I was in a match yesterday where the rank was plat 3 - plat 3. We were spawn camped and didn’t have a chance. It obvious the game doesn’t know what skill level a plat 3 player is or how to go about ranking players so that it can then make a balanced and fair match.

To then punish or reward people on modifiers is madness. How can it possibly know if you were favoured to win or not, when that’s based off what rank people are, which we know it can’t assign accurately. And even if it could, it doesn’t seem to take into account leavers, then factor in all the throwers and trolls in this game, the utter failure of the anti-cheat system, the mismatch of people on controller and XIM on console. It doesn’t stand a chance. All modifiers are going to do is make a very unpredictable system even more chaotic.

You are asking for too much. They would call it “Overwatch 3” if the dev team actually update the Comp. UI refresh is more than enough for a season update, isn’t it ?

They should do like Fortnite. Where the performance of the indiviual places you where you are supposed to be.
I’ve seen good players as DPS who hit everything, 40 elims, 3 deaths and over 20k damage each round and still loses. But are stuck in Gold because of teammates.

Now it is not mainly on the performance of the player, but only on either your team wins or loses.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think the DEVS that play suck at the game, This is the ONLY reason I can see for the PROVEN Skill matrix of KD ratio isn’t used during sr adjustments. LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FPS IN EXISTENCE DOES, They want to be inclusive so bad they are taken Overwatch behind the shed. . If you lose a game you should lose SR, but the amount lost should be connected to your PERSONAL performance during the match. A negative KD out of ratio with the team should be punished. A healing number under the teams and characters average should be punished. So on and So on…. This would help move people to where they belong in the end while still weighing wins and loses the most.

3 Likes