šŸ›” New Brig is confusing, hereā€™s why:

Yeah but she still has a bunch of weaknesses from before (low range, low mobility, and low self heal), but not enough of the strength of the the ā€œproper supportsā€ (mobility, damage, utility - well OK, she does have utility but itā€™s also close range).
Even her healing output seems mediocre, although it can overheal, which is nice.

Itā€™s entire new method of playing Brig, forget what you knew from past 7 seasons, allowing those in DPS Slot to be given more freedom and opportunities to gain angles to gets shots or flank with the help of Repair pack, avoid attempting to duel, only duel should it seem reasonable.

Weā€™ve been so accustomed to having maybe 1 DPS, or all Tanks that sustain for dueling isnā€™t there, let those in DPS slot do the job of taking care of Damage.

200 Shield requires you being more passive, not aggressive.
At the same time, you have the tools to be continuously active while passive,
to allow those who have the tools to be aggressive, be more aggressive.

1 Like

Title sounds like a Vox article.

4 Likes

I still think that while Inspire is attached to damage, it will never encourage her to just be passive.

1 Like

That is why Whip shot is faster, you have more chances to proc inspire, you can still be behind the shield and hit people from mid-range, and far.

Donā€™t over extend Tanks, positioning is more important now than ever.

Granted if there is no inspire, chances are there is no need to Proc it if you are positioned correctly and there is no push happening, as your other healer is gaining Ult charge from the damage as well.

1 Like

But she canā€™t defend herself from a long range DPS, she needs cover, why should I play her in hide and seek mode if I can play Ana and shoot back or keep up healing on demand from cover too or play mercy and have mobility to run away?

4 Likes

Cover is important for Brig now, use the games inf. health to block shots for you, you can still block Long range attacks, but donā€™t put yourself out in the open.

Should you feel like you need to go Ana, why not? Ana is viable depending on Maps.

Iā€™ll be honest with ya, there are points on maps where Brig is less than optimal, while Ana and Mercy has the utility to fix and make plays that is beneficial outside of armor.

Itā€™s not a bad decision to be optimal.
You are becoming better teammate by being optimal.

1 Like

I can see Brig pick-rate going very much down.
It seems there is no optimal situation to just pick Brig, sheā€™s not necessary anymore.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a support with really really good damage, Zen. He also has like zero survivability and very poor healing. Because you canā€™t have it all. Brig now has good healing and good survivability (her shield might only be 200HP but thatā€™s 200HP more than any other support and her base health is higher and has armor).

3 Likes

ā€œlow healingā€

My doggieā€¦those packs are really good.

1 Like

Brig is still useful, but not always necessary or required to win all the time in 222, the higher you climb now, esp. in role queue, the odds of having other team choosing heroes to be optimal is more prevalent as you are in charge of an entire role along with your fellow Support Queued teammate.

You have to make the best decisions in your role to help the team.

1 Like

Thank you dude, pretty much summerizes what changed

Now a lot of Brig people gon be mad and hate you because you speak truth, but thats not my buisness

Im just happy I dont have to deal with a support filling in a DPS role anymore. You said it: It aint her job to hunt down low HP enemies and duel DPS.

2 Likes

Supports already have only 7 heroes to choose from, now it feels like 6 again.

6 Likes

Nah they are all useful, as Brig main, Utility cycling between Mercy and Ana, should help you climb, but sometimes Lucio to help gain extra % on Control Points is optimal as well,

it just depends on what your teammates you queued up with decides how they play as well, you have multiple heroes in Support role, that provide multiple unique tools/utiliity to provide the team, understanding your teammates and their play style is important to your decision of who you pick, granted Flankers do benefit from Armor, sometimes mistakes happen where Rez and Anti-healing and Nano, might be more beneficial than Armor, but that depends on your familiarity of that role and experience.

Brig Sustain and Healing is still very potent, and useful, along with Defending points with Rally.

1 Like

Redwolfx, the major problem I see (and Iā€™d like devs to come up with a solution) is that her healing is all on cooldowns and inspire is damage attached, if she is supposed to be a support, why does she have to wait cooldowns while being passive or why does she have to at least do one hit of damage? Why canā€™t she heal on demand as any other support? Even Lucio that have AoE healing can choose to heal anytime.
After you spend all of your packs you gotta wait a cooldown, meanwhile you could proc inspire, but barriers just make whip shot difficult and if you spread a little bit from your team to get another angle itā€™s risky with low shield and self healing.
Playing passive on cooldowns and seeking one hits only to just heal more are not fun IMO.
Devs can come up with a better way than just this ā€œgo seek one hit just to proc inspireā€ playstyle. If it is so dangerous to do it, why bother then? Why should I be punished for trying to increase my healing while I wait a cooldown? Iā€™m gonna play another Support that heals more and is more fun.

6 Likes

Brig is a lot weaker now but she does more healing and still can deal with flankers that are attacking the backline.
You just need to stop going in like a maniac but play smarter and react fast when the backline needs help.

1 Like

New Brig makes Mercy look good. Itā€™s that bad.

As I keep trying to point out, itā€™s clear she was made as a tank, but put into the healer slot. Itā€™s just that blizzard canā€™t admit this was a bad idea and rework her into the true tank she was always supposed to be.

4 Likes

OP got 3 repair packs now instead of one and itā€™s still not enough because it has a cooldown? How many you want? 4? 5? Unlimited repair packs? Inspire up all the time?

Throwing out repair packs because you canā€™t engage up front as a MELEE hero, because you are made of paper mache, is terribly unengaging gameplay, and makes Mercy look good in comparison. Yes, THAT Mercy.

You totally can engage up front in a brawling setup or against dive. Brig is no longer going to stomp against every comp. She actually has situations sheā€™s good in and situations sheā€™s weak in like every other hero. She will synergize well with a Rein when pushing. She will counter comps with flankers and dive tanks. She will excel in maps that force close range fights.

She will not excel in maps with large areas and long sightlines. Sounds pretty balanced to me.