New Blizzard Entertainment blog post from Mike Ybarra

To some degree, I would argue there’s only so much that we, as outsiders need to know. I’d be far more interested in hearing opinions on this post from Blizzard employees and whether they think these new appointees are good choices and/or are being listened to.

1 Like

Reads

Mmhmm

Mmhmm

Mmhmm

Ok….actions speak louder than words….let’s see it

20 Likes

Too little, too late.

6 Likes

Why do I feel like we’ve heard this before.

Also, this better not be the content creator experimental patch…

12 Likes

In other words “top men are on it”, got it!

4 Likes

I hope that’s actually meaningful for the employees.

As for the content promise… Believe it when I see it, words don’t do anything for me anymore.

6 Likes

Soon™

10 Likes

An actual time? Not the patented soon? This can’t be real…

9 Likes

Here’s to more hopium

1 Like

“That’s right, we are excited to announce our entire roadmap for 2022. In December, we are going to reveal Roadhog’s new look for Overwatch 2!!! And that’s it.”

10 Likes

So he’s going to get more Blizzard employees to sell more M+ carries? Yeah that should help the players right? RIGHT?

New employee perk… you get a commission for every M+ you sell that results in a WoW token being bought.

Ybraa was the microsoft plant in 2019 that bought this dominoes crumbling down.

He is finally starting to get into the gear as they have conquered blizzard.

He is way better than bobby K though, so its fineeee.

Im glad he acknowledges content drought.

Next week is probably LNY, he’ll be announcing an event we already knew was expected. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Exactly this… He’s just making a public post to show the shareholders they are doing something when in fact there is little evidence. We have already seen they were hiding the true numbers of people they fired and those punished for this hole harassment thing. Bobby himself even said “The harassment allegations isn’t what hurt our stock, it was the delay of OW2 and D4.”

When it comes to Blizzard’s reputation with the community, if you put it in WoW faction terms, the community is at war with them. Blizzard is going to need to do several years of reputation grinding to gain the trust of most people.

2 Likes

They all left a while ago bro

5 Likes

Just gonna say right now that content is not just more skin events and content creator experimentals. If they mean content, then it’s time to actually release the new heroes and maps and modes and just upgrade OW1 to OW2.0 PVP. Now. Anything other than this will not be considered content anymore.

2 Likes

its funny, some of you actually believe this you know who you are

2 Likes

ive never doubted that blizzard cared about my money, and ways to waste my time to make me keep paying. such titles as
“world or chorescraft”
“never ending grindstone” or
“multiple accounts watch”
“warcraft: rushed out remake 3”
“stuck at what type of game should it be 4”
“cellphones, chinese market is more important than you to us”

“omg, people love M+ so much, its there preferred endgame!” nerf that join a toxic raiding guild or you cant high end M+. but force raiders to grind it for the chest for max level gear, force em to do all content to enjoy any content we say!

“i feel like 50 bucks an expac should be enough to play most decks” joke is on you! 150 buck a year wont keep this CO afloat!

“i really enjoy tanking but brig is just sucking the fun out of it” wow you are gonna love doomfist and hammond! also, im sensing you really just dont enjoy tanking and want to play a fast paced dps.
“no, i love main tanking, just not being juggled around.” we get it, you think tanking is boring and we hear you! we are gonna actually remove one tank slot from the game because yall just dont find it engaging!

pass it along, im free any time if your bosses decide they actually want to turn one of these franchises around. yall have my email.

6 Likes

So they’re gonna solve their problems with…new positions? Middle management? Bureaucracy?

How’s the co-lead thing working out these days?

3 Likes

As individuals, we care about treating everyone around us with respect and dignity.

But not equally! That’s good.

I also was encouraged in reading forums, social posts, and emails from people within and outside of Blizzard, standing up for what is right and lending us your guidance.

I hate how this was phrased because “from people within and outside Blizzard” is not necessary but obviously is because it means it’s selective reading.

• a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) leader solely focused on our progress across multiple efforts in this area

I don’t care about diversity, I just want games good. Also, equity is freaking wrong because it’s done in a way “Lets make unqualified people be team leaders just because they are [put-something-social-justice-warriorish-here]”. It’s dumb in so many ways, plus it’s PR.

Nothing of this matters to me as a gamer. It matters to people who want to have an opinion about something “large scale” so that they look good in Neighbour/friends eyes.

All in all, the usual “we are washing our dirt away” post.

P.S: I still have trust in Blizzard games. I don’t have trust in community.

2 Likes