New account played on earlier, now license not found

I activated this account for Overwatch sometime this weekend with a code and played for several hours. Now I am unable to play with it due to the no license found error. Can anyone help me figure this out? I have already tried deleting the cache and tools folder and restarting battlenet as well as my pc. Also this is my second account.

Hey there,

I don’t see any Overwatch license or purchase on the account that you’re posting from.

If you obtained the code from someone else or a third-party site perhaps check the order to see if it was refunded or didn’t complete properly.

same happened to me, i was playing it for free over the free weekend, then i bought it on the free weekend when it was discounted, and now its saying that a licence isnt found even tho i bought it and it says i have it when i go to account settings

How to check if it was refunded or didnt complete

The code was purchased from G2A, activated and I played on it for 3 days. I am not sure why I am now having issues as the purchase is fine on the G2A end.

I had the same issue. I had bought it for the 5 dollar price, played all day and the next I believe on this account, and then today I go to log in and it doesn’t work at all saying the same error.

The only thing that I can find is that I have a receipt showing on the email for my main account, but regardless I’d like to have a license for my second account as that’s why I paid for it. What can I do?

Hey y’all,

We aren’t able to assist with account issues over the forums, however to clarify I don’t see any Overwatch codes added to your account, STRIGA. Most likely, the code was added to another email used to login. If you need help with locating that account, please create a support ticket.

I had to redeem my activation code again and now I have no issues. I think the free weekend affected my activation. Thanks!

So I was trying to play on my pc overwatch from console so I thought I could just go in and download it on my pc and okay but now it says a License cannot be found!??!

Hey there Juicy,

From the sounds of this, you own Overwatch on a console and want to play on the PC. Each platform is separate for it’s game license. For example if you bought it on the Xbox but now want to play on the PC, you’ll need to purchase it on the PC. Overwatch does have cross play meaning you can play with with players from other platforms. It is not cross progression though in that a license or progress carries over to other systems. This would also mean if you purchased a new license on the PC, you would be starting over with a new account even if you link your Battle.net account to the console.

This thread is 10 months old and it’s best to not reply to such old posts, but rather create a new post. As such I’m going to lock the thread.

Regardless, I still hope this information helps explain what’s happening.