❗️Nerfing Bastion didn’t fix the problem, It just made him rely more on a Shield

You are correct I don’t play bastion all that much because I’m not a fan of playing hero’s that require my entire team to build around me to be effective at all. However I don’t think you need to have 1000 hours on a character before you can have an opinion on game balance.

Sorry to say but Jeff is with me on the TTK unless he’s done a 180 on the original changes. Which I guess is what your argueing for. Too bad blizzard has yet to revert character reworks that have lasted over a month.

We could go back and forth for hours here, but I won’t clog this thread further with our back and forth. You are in favor of keeping bastions current play style just better, I’m for a change of focus and more comprehensive rework. Let’s see where Jeff takes this one… I won’t hold my breath, we’ve got at least 3 hero’s to go before bastion is even brought to the table

No I’m in favor of changing it. With sentry not sucking you can use it without pirateship or protect the president but also being more vulnerable which hurts those comps.

What’s wrong with “keeping this playstyle but better” anyways? He’s very underpowered. It’s supposed to be “keep the current playstyle but better”. You’re supposed to make a bad hero better.

The only comprehensive thing about it is screwing up sentry and bricking it harder than it is now. You want to make him into a bad Soldier.

2 Likes

Make bastion unable to stick to payload as a turret, but make him so powerful players will call for pirateship to come back.

No more rides on the payload?
no need if you can set up fast and kill fast.

Your first pharagraph says you want to change him your second asks why is it so bad to keep him the same. You’re contradicting yourself. Straight buffing his damage will continue his current play style the only difference is he will be slightly better at the old surprise! Bastion situations. Those presenting very little counter play.

I haven’t even made a suggestion on this thread regarding how I would buff bastion in compensation for giving his sentry a cool down. You’re so opposed to the idea I doubt I could come up with one that you’d agree with.

My idea would not make him “a worse soldier” because they would serve different rolls and have very different strengths and weaknesses but again I haven’t suggested a change to compensate the introduction of a CD.

So you want to have a sentry as an ability?

Im pretty sure that would just make him worse. Even if his dps would get a buff.

Yes if sentry was an ability, aka no reload starts a 10 second CD when he switches out of it that would open up a massive power void in his kit that could be reallocated to other parts. The most common suggestion I’ve read is giving him a tank configuration on top of sentry so he could switch between the two after he broke the primary shield. Very cool possibilities open up when you pull power from one area of a kit and give it to another

No that was another question separate from what I wanted. I just wanted to know why you thought that was bad.

So you say you can set up, use all your ammo and then you would have to wait 10 sec for another sentry?

That would make pirateship even better imo, you would just have to get out of turret once you get a team wipe.

Why not have both? It’s not like he can use both sentry and tankmode at the same time, sentry can be powerful and viable and have a tankmode which is also powerful without overall breaking him because in order to use one mode he can’t use another.

It would mean if you force bastion out of turret mode (hook, dva bomb, ect) he would be punished for it. It also gives him times of planned lower power, think Winston jumping in without his bubble. He would be able to do the things he wants all the time. If bastion starts a fight off in pirate ship that’s fine but if he can just continue to sit on the payload with a full clip always then that’s not only boring it’s also bad for the game.

This is a fair point why, why not both as the meme says. The reason we can’t have both and have him have old sentry back is because his old sentry was just too good that it would likely force out a UP tank mode that didn’t 1 shot squishes.

Okay at this point we are agreeing to disagree because I, as a Bastion main, do not agree with any of this rework. They already nerfed sentry, they don’t need to do it again. I could care less about pirateship, people can adapt to counter it. If they don’t, that’s on them.

Sentry can’t move or have splash damage or longrange damage or burst damage or the ability to rocket jump.

They all have their benefits and weaknesses.

Sentry: Butt loads of damage with the head hidden but no mobility plus a large hitbox

Recon: Mobility, very accurate, moderate damage (160 dps without headshots) but has a big hitbox and head hitbox

Tank: burst damage, splash damage, even more accurate, rocket jumps no head hitbox, but has self damage (which I want to get rid of), big hotbox low damage potential (120 damage per shot and can’t headshot) low rate of fire, projectile.

Uh that tank damage is wrong babe…It’s 205 on direct hit and 70 - 145 on the splash…

I belive he is talking about the tank from our post.

I know, we’re talking about a weaker tankmode on E. IDK if you’ve seen but that has popped up in several different places and both I an Protonhunter have seen it so I kind of expect him to know. I should clarify more next time.

This is what we’re talking about. Click the arrow to read it.

1 Like

So it makes him into a soldier from TF2?

1 Like

Kinda. Minus the horizontal mobility explosions give you in TF2. Overwatch doesn’t like that sort of thing because of how much control over air movement you have.

I mean if you’re going to do all that why don’t you just give Bastion the Null Sector Devastator Cannon. I bring this up because it’ll be far less confusing to see the “Non” ult tank simply based on sound.

Which one is that? I looked it up and there’s no mention of a “Devastator” in the Null Sector event.