Nerf Soldier's healing by 90%

Then actually make her more of a healer. Cut both the cooldown and heal/armor of repair pack in half. Give her more team heals, without increasing her self heal. Do something. She has half of Rein’s hp with 1/4 of his shield. She’s half a tank. Soon she’ll be useless for damage. Give her some reliable support.

Oh yeah because she totally didn’t have a over 150 dmg combo while not being a dps or an off tank. Wich was enabled by said ability.

1 Like

They did do something. The problem lies in that you don’t like that something they did.

1 Like

Ok, well you talk about me being petty and then say this. But sure they did something. They gave her less than 1 heal per second increase.

1 Like

Well do you like this change? I would find it hard to believe you do since you made this thread. Since I believe she did too much I don’t expect a huge compensation buff for the “necessary evil” we had to deal with for so long.

1 Like

Fun fact, Geoff was actually expecting a comp where brigitte acted as an off tank

Would you like if they took away 90% of Lucio’s primary damage and then increased his healing aura by less than 1 hps? There’s a huge difference between a balance change to shift how a hero works, and a slap in the face people call “making her more of a support”

Fun fact off tanks are tank/dps hybrids not support/tanks. Acting like one doesn’t mean she IS one.

I didnt say she was one, I said Geoff was predicting her to be one

I know you didn’t, I was just pointing the difference between being one and acting like one.

If he needed it then sure. However what they lowered was an abilities damage not her primary damage. If you are going to say “took away 90% of Lucio’s PRIMARY damage” then you would be incorrect because that would not be the same change.

1 Like

Ok well you seem to think a healing increase of less than a single hp per second is enough to make a support more of a support. I find it useless increasing a duration that was already always refreshing anyway. I think it would have been much more useful to increase the amount of heals as opposed to a duration that was already being refreshed. Let’s agree to disagree.

Hey Brigitte mains, remember when you said to git gud?

Well it’s your turn…

2 Likes

How do you define support?

2 Likes

But didnt they nerf her stun too doggy? “The most powerful part of her kit”

For a melee char she really seems to suck now.

Her flail is melee, it should go through shields, it doesnt though.

Her bash is melee, it should go through shields, it doesnt though.

Her healing is based on damage, which means she must be in the fight, but her engage ability just lost 90% of its DMG and became completely useless against barriers comps!

Are we being objective here?

The folks that aren’t allowed to kill a dps alone. But more seriously, someone who can RELIABLY keep the team alive. A support/tank hybrid shouldn’t have damage too, I agree. Any passing teammate can pass in front of Brig and keep her from burst healing the tank that needs it. That’s why I proposed the heal on a lower cooldown. Her only reliable healing is her Lucio style aura that can’t be amped up and is only on when she’s fighting. And she’s only half a tank. She needs to be a more reliable support if she won’t have the damage to kill the lowest hp hero in the game on her own.

2 Likes

Well what if they reduced Lucios boop to 2.5DMG, would that be cool with you in one fell swoop?

And at the same time they said, Lucio can no longer wall ride near shields, they stop him dead in his tracks unless his feet are on the ground and he walks through.

Still cool?

This is where I believe a support should not have a clear advantage against a DPS. Tracer flanks around the team or jumps in on the healer and should be rewarded for that. Having the support she is supposed to be killing able to solo her is not good in my eyes. Having any support who can win a 1v1 against a DPS more than losing is not good.

I personally think Brig has some good ways to do that. You can whip shot people away, you can still stun them, you can burst heal them or apply armor with your pack, and you can also stack armor with Rally. She has some pretty decent ways to help someone live in my opinion.

True, but any teammate can also walk infront of an Ana grenade or shot among other things.

In place of Amp it up she can apply a burst heal of a different kind which can also apply armor so it’s never a wasted overheal.

Her even being half a tank is the reason why her healing aura can’t be much better because then you make her self sustain too much and you have a support who won’t die.

Honest opinion. If Boop did 2.5 damage that wouldn’t matter because its value is in knocking people off the map or out of position.

That second one just doesn’t make sense. That would mean ANYONE who is jumping or in the air can’t pass through a barrier.

You simply won’t convince me Brigitte didn’t do too much and needed something done. However you can try.

2 Likes

I have a better idea. Nerf reins hammer damage but every time rein puts his shield up he heals himself