Nerf Rein, Or Buff Other Shield Tanks

Every tank except for Rein feels obsolete, seriously a tank shouldn’t feel 100% mandatory to play the game, and right now Rein does, it feels like you either lock in Rein or lose because every other option in their current states are absolutely terrible.

if they buff sigma and orisa, then youll actually have something to complain about-double shield. what needs to happen in my opinion is a buff to winston ball roadhog and dva, so that double shield doesnt happen again and so that there are actually more options to play, not just a shield

2 Likes

It is crazy how short term people’s memory seems to be. Why they want double barrier again is anyone’s guess, but I am glad the developers are scared of it, at least.

1 Like

Well now, this little crusade against the crusader is certainly getting repetitive now.

1 Like

Literally all they have to do is split a queue between main and off tanks then? Then nerf rein / buff other shield tanks, sick of playing against or having to play this meta slave hero.

If im honest-

I dont agree with the assertion that the “other tanks” are all “trash”.

Especially not Sigma / Orisa.

I feel theyre more at the level the tanks should be at.

When rein is banned in hero pools- Orisa and Sigma are picked, quite a lot. Sometimes together. Sometimes not. And I dont agree that theyre “not impactful” in these situations. Quite the opposite, they seem pretty darn impactful. They just do so without being nothing but “shoot the shield” scenarios- And are capable of making an impact with not just their shields, but their capacity to brawl, mitigate damage on a personal level, and utilize CC regularly (Halt with Orisa and sigmas rock).

I feel if anything rein (And the other tanks) should be adjusted to match their level and view them as the benchmark.

i wont be suprised if someone says they want goats back tommorow

1 Like

Then how about we buff Sigma and Orisa and discourage multi-barrier comps in some way? Like making shields feed ult charge at 50%-33% rate? Or reworking them to be more like Bap’s Amp matrix, letting enemy shots through but only letting half of the damage through? Or something else? Keeping two heroes bad because “teh ou pee comp” doesn’t do the game any good.

The only way orisa and Sigma can be buffed is of there is a restriction that allows only one shield

One way you could solve that is by lowering the HP on Rein/Sig/Orisa to make them more vulnerable if players speedboost/dive past the barriers.
Which kinda makes barrierstacking irrelevant.

Then rebalance with stronger barriers and more firepower
✅ Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks