Nerf Doomfist's Charge Punch

This ability deals too much damage. It can one-shot a hero that has 250 health, and he can charge it while around a corner where it’s not possible to know he’s there, so you come around the corner and die. There’s no skill there, no positioning there, it’s just random dumb luck. If you just charge it around every corner, you can get kills on occasion. There’s no reason why this ability needs to deal this much damage.

18 Likes

I suggest reverting the knockback for his punch that was buffed in the cc patch a while back

4 Likes

You do know that you can hear it right

especially with the new subtitles, you have No excuse, because it literally says

[DOOMFIST] ROCKET PUNCH NOISES

41 Likes

If I just aim and wait for someone to come around a corner with Widow, I can get kills on occasion.

Doomfist sounds like a man trying to push out a turd the size of his own fist while charging.

15 Likes

So? So if you ever hear that sound, you can do one of two things: Stay where you are and hope he’s not behind you, move and hope he’s not around the corner. The problem is, it instantly kills.

vs Mccree hiding around a corner and as you walk past he stun-fans you insta kill?

8 Likes

I never liked this argument that much. Of course you can hear it but that doesn’t mean you can do anything about it.

If I am playing Zenyatta and not directly near cover the moment I hear the punch unless I waste my ult what am I supposed to do?

Again just because it makes sound doesn’t mean anything.

I have to also say I don’t have an issue with his punch I just have an issue with this argument used for it.

But it isn’t. The stun isn’t a guaranteed kill. A teammate could stop him from killing you. You can’t clutch Doom. If he makes contact, you’re just dead.

I would highly recommend playing the game with sound on, and you’ll notice that there’s actually a super loud and distinct sound cue to know when Doomfist is charging his punch.

4 Likes

But what does that matter?

1 Like

I actually think it’s pretty balanced. It’s very powerful, no doubt, but by missing it in the slightest, you can end up in the middle of the entire enemy team.

What I think is worse than rocket fist is his uppercut/slam combo, which lets him rocket punch, then escape back to his team/cover with ease.

However how much time do you have to react? If your counter to it is to stun him what do you do if he’s too far away to be stunned?

Doom needs his seismic slam distance increased like before honestly

1 Like

??? What do you mean “what does that matter”?

It means that it IS possible to know he’s around the corner, because of the extremely loud sound cue.

You have plenty of time to react… if he’s around a corner, you don’t need a stun. literally just don’t peek the corner for a second or two lmao. also stuns have a few meters of range to them, it’s really not hard to stun Doomfist mid- RP.

3 Likes

My point isn’t that it needs to be nerfed because it can’t be dealt with if you can SEE him, my point is when you CAN’T see him. You can hear him, but that does almost nothing for you to stop the instant death.

What do you mean can’t see him? If he hit you he had to be visible at some point.

If you are hearing him charge his punch and just blindly wandering around when you have no idea where he is you deserve that instant death because you literally walk into it.

I guess my stance is changing because this is about a very avoidable situation rather than what I assumed it was.

So if you hear Dead Eye do you just walk out into the open to try to find McCree?

1 Like

You can locate players using sound you know

sure but this is a very specific matchup and situation

you got caught in a place where the doomfist wanted and thus died,

next time arround, try to play near corners in case it happens again, a matter of positioning

kind of like, if you get knocked off a map 3 times by a lucio, then stop going near the giant hole and take another route

you cant 100% avoid everything, and hey, maybe he just got lucky, there is some degree of luck to everything

thats like saying that zens right click getting a lucky spam down the corner is unfair because there was nothing you could do, it just happens sometimes,

Well of course, but saying you can hear it does not mean the ability cannot hurt you anymore.

Honestly Rocket Punch isn’t even the thing you need to worry about killing you. His Slam is incredibly more reliable for setting up a combo while his Punch is more suited for escape.

However I still don’t think saying “you can hear it” counts as giving a solution to an issue. Which is the base point of my argument that hearing something does not = a counter when sound is tied to almost everything.

But Doomfist might be right behind you, or he might be around the corner. So you can only do one of two things, either move or use an escape ability randomly, just in case, or stay there and use one (if you even get one).

What’s the alternative? You can’t suddenly hear him, then pan all 365 degrees, plus react. It charges in 1 second.

No but it means that its avoideable, and the counterplay is there

if you cant execute it, it doesnt mean that the ability is overpowered (like OP did)