Nerf brigs ultimate

random personal opinion as a brig player. I would honestly be somewhat ok with brig ult being statistically weaker, hell even take away her stun. if it meant it refreshed bash CD. press the button and your shield, and bash is back. I like as a support being able to selfishly use my ult to keep me alive.
whipshot probably doesn’t need to be spammed, nor do we need to boost her healing output by giving her repair packs. But bash and shield are what keep her alive, and I want to just UNO reverse and be alive again at the push of a button.

and yes this was a bait. got you.

2 Likes

Jokes on you, I never read to the end of the post.

2 Likes

They honestly did already nerf Brig’s ult from OW1 to its current revision. I’d say this current revision is the weakest it has ever been. Even if not, it is the least fun version to use.

The primary thing is that Brigitte can’t be aggressive at all. Having armor regen, more speed, AND inspire healing is what allowed Brigitte to be aggressive to try to get kills. Without the extra source of regen you simply die insanely fast unless your other support is pumping you full of heals to make use of the extra armor slot.

• She lost -15% mov speed down to 15% mov speed.
  • Her shield is bigger meaning it breaks insanely easily now from absorbing too much damage form being so large.
  • The core aspect of having overhealth stacks was that damage hit the overhealth first allowing inspire to freely heal her armor and keep her in that range of armor reduction on anything that got through.

You used to be able to go kind of deep with Rally, but now you pretty much can’t go anywhere because you’ll die trying to rally.

2 Likes

Yeah, all true. Although, I do think, it’s kinda fine if they want to shift it into being more of a defensive ult. It just kinda sucks that they chose to compensate by giving her stats which offer very little in the way of skill expression, and a stun which, to be balanced with all the other random stuff she gets, is intentionally kinda limited.

Like she has a niche use case which is very oppressive and unfun for people to deal with, and outside that it’s just kinda “press q to be a d tier tank” while also being a side graded zen ult that is also kinda worse,

RN i optimize by using it as an uno reverse card, and i would like it to just be that.
remove the bigger shield revert extra health on the shield. give me a full heal, 100 extra armor, and refresh my shield and bash CD. and even if i don’t get the overhealth which fine at least give me free inspire for the duration so i can use it to save myself.

i can’t make clutch plays by stunning and canceling ultimates, tanks also don’t have to just start backtracking just due to the threat of stun.

And boom, I get a cheesy second chance ult that is actually less annoying than now.

1 Like

100% this. I miss old Rally. Unfortunately I doubt they’ll ever bring it back at this point.

1 Like

A way to buff second chance further if you’re going to take away stun would be giving a buff to Shield Bash that heals 25 armor every time you hit an enemy, which stacks in Rally if you hit multiple at once.