Nerf 1 shots/Snipers

It’s not about being the best or worst hero. It’s about the experience of the game. 1shot heroes shouldn’t be in the game… and Hanzo should be reworked to be more enjoyable too. Could do armor penatration in exchange of headshots and be an amazing counter Orisa hero but maybe weak against shields making Rein strong against. I want to see more of that.

Engagement based gameplay is exactly why we are in the current state (which the majority of the community dislikes more than previously).

1 Like

Wow, be more concise. You’re not winning any arguments with word count. Your first couple thoughts there are based on flawed logic anyway, didn’t need to read any further.

What does Engagement Based Gameplay mean to you? It means to me that I can exist long enough to react to the enemy. The complete opposite of dying from a single shot since I peeked. Oh, look, the widow is over there now. Glad I found that out with my death. Verses, hey, the tank is here now, almost died, glad I only peeked when I had resources and could escape that if I was wrong.

They can say that but again statistically literally no one plays Winston because he’s bad. In his best match up (squishy heroes like widow or sojourn) he still gets dumpstered or barely scraps by so include the ability to easily counter him and he is awful. Play Winston a few games and you’ll see how it feels lol

And hog hook is easily dodge-able most hogs aren’t good at hiding when they’ll hook but a widow can headshot at any given time so long as ur not behind a wall or shield and sojourn yea I agree her dmg is still too high considering she can hold railgun for what like 5-7 seconds and still 1shot with pocket

I play on console and trust it’s not that impressive usually it’s just a widow ximming. And even for pc it makes sense for a tank main to not be great at widow but most gm dps mains on pc (albeit I’m assuming) since hitscan/sojourn is and has been meta for such a long time I can imagine don’t have much difficulty in aiming

Feel free to look up my profile albeit it’s console so take that how u will but almost every game it comes down to a widow/sojourn duel and that’s just awful balance fundamentally

Again something I just don’t agree with. In comparison hanzo is awful minimal mobility and incredibly difficult to be consistent with and has same damage as widow and effectively sojourn while both take much less skill to be consistent with. However side not while wid and soj I both believe to be significantly overtuned another viable nerf would just be reduce mercy damage boost % or mobility bc a large portion of both soj and wid value comes from just not dying with pocket and with mercy’s new flight paired with 1 less tank and the same dmg boost makes her incredible overtuned so much so that a sniper like widow gets more value than any dive hero that on paper counters her

it has nothing to do with teamplay whether a hero can oneshot or not. teamplay is about working together with others, helping each other to effectively defeat the opponent. A widow needs a good tank that draws attention to take the pressure off the widow, allowing her to shoot better. When the opponent then focuses the widow, the widow needs the protection of the tank and the support of the supports. In return, Widow can use well-placed shots to take out the opponent’s high-priority targets to win the match, or even help the supports when they’re under attack. Keyword covering fire.

At least that’s how it should be, but matchmaking doesn’t really allow it at the moment.

It is quite important as it reduces the chance of death. Many other games also rely on teamplay, but don’t have tanks or “healers” and it works there.

Goats and Double Shield were the big problem in Overwatch. That’s why Overwatch bled so many players. most players just find it boring to just shoot shields for several minutes before anything goes forward. It became a slow and eternal trench warfare.

OW2 is dying because the game currently has no competitive integrity, which is mainly due to matchmaking. you say 5 of your friends left overwatch and you’re about to because of oneshots.
it’s similar for me, at the beginning of OW2 we had almost 2 full teams, now almost nobody plays anymore, the reason for this is the bad matchmaking.

“Tell me you don’t play widow without telling me you don’t play widow” in a nutshell

I think he meant engagement based matchmaking.

its a good video explaining the subject and we have such a system in overwatch.

you are drawing a wrong argument here. “most roadhogs aren’t good” and at the same time you assume that widow players always have extremely good aim. That’s not true. most widow players aren’t good, there’s a reason widow is often seen as a throwpick.
even the best Widowmaker only hit 1 Headshot for every 4 shots fired.

Ximming is a completely different problem and has absolutely nothing to do with widow.

Because they invest a hell of a lot of time in aiming, that’s why. Many only see the result, but not the work behind it.

no matter what the meta is, it always comes down to the one strong pairing/hero. Once Widow and Sojourn are no longer meta there comes the next where a lot of yelling will start again. How about a Junkrat meta? or Echo/Pharah? a Ball meta or Moira meta?

That was not an argument but an interpretation by me regarding Alec Dawson’s (Lead Hero Designer) comment on the Falts/Emongg stream last Tuesday.

Just entirely wrong. Literally just click the t500 dps leaderboard and you’ll instantly be proven wrong. Hitting a head shot against most heroes is very easy and a body shot takes literally no amount of skill for a consistent gm hitscan player

And it shouldn’t be as oppressive. What you think of getting good at aim and practice is not nearly as impressive as you think most hitscan players just play other fps games and that aim Carrie’s over with little actually practice or time invested in overwatch. I’m fact a large portion of hitscan players you’ll notice have minimal awareness, movement, or in game iq all getting carried simply by having time invested in fps games when there should be many other skills involved besides just those taht carry over from game to game

The difference is all those heroes you listed are low skill ceiling and therefore can be capped out so long as not way over tuned. And that thinking regardless is wrong it shouldn’t be excuses for a game to be u balanced the goal of balance is for each heroe to be viable in its own regard and yet there’s only about 10-12 playable heroes of the 32 (I think it’s 32 don’t quote me tho). And just from a gameplay perspective pocket 76 was meta for 3 years in ow 1 and now meta is the same thing but for two heroes much more oppressive. It’s been an ongoing issue that hitscans were over tuned especially when paired with pocket and yet they’re still reluctant to do anything. If you genuinely believe widow and sojourn are balanced or fair you’re just insane lol

Nothing to see here. Yet another person crying for no reason. Get a sombra or tracer and win.

1 Like

Widow is useless without one-shots. That goes the same with Hanzo. They are both easy to counter.

1 Like

You and I are not on the same page. A 1shot eliminates the support role entirely. 1/3 of your team is useless. If a teammate gets shot, you can’t heal them. If you are a tank player and your support gets sniped because a widow moved into a position quickly or down a path you have no control over, you have no time to react or help your team. You’ve lost the fight. There is no counter play… it’s just GG go next.

A widow doesn’t need a good tank. A widow doesn’t need a good support. A widow doesn’t need anything to land a shot. It’s fire, move to new spot. In a lot of cases, they don’t even need to do that. It’s not healthy. Literally no excuse to allow this to continue. And again, this isn’t about being good or bad, OP or not OP, it’s about how the game feels to die. If I die against a tracer, I think, I wish I would land my shots better. Or, wish my team supported me there. When you die from a widow, there is nothing you can do. It’s instant.