❄️ Needed Tracer/Mei Ultimate buff

Reduce the cast time for Pulse Bomb/Blizzard by 0.2 seconds, but don’t change any of the animations.

Making it so that stuns don’t have any effect on whether the ultimate disappears at the 0.3 second mark, instead of the current 0.5 second mark.

That way differences of 200ms ping won’t cause these projectile ultimates to disappear midair when stunned/killed, from the shooters perspective.

The animation and attacks without stuns/death would be unaffected.

Tracer:

Mei:

16 Likes

Pulse bomb is fine but Blizzard could use the buff. I think with that change Mei would be in a perfect spot, if she isn’t already.

3 Likes

Updated with examples.

2 Likes

Artificially compensating like you’re suggesting just creates the inverse problem: With similar latency, the ability goes through even if opponents visibly interrupted it.

1 Like

If the server is going to be picking winners, better it picks the ultimate instead of the basic ability.

No buffs needed. Both are ok.

1 Like

That’s a matter of how it resolves. The animations being accurately timed isn’t a problem.

Lag shouldn’t define if an ultimate is effective or not.

It’s not an animation thing, it’s a lag compensation thing.

Currently it’s biased against these ultimates.

But you’re turning it into an animation thing by suggesting they create a mismatch between the animations and how the abilities function.

I’m suggesting making it so that stuns don’t have any effect on whether the ultimate disappears at the 0.3 second mark, instead of the current 0.5 second mark.

The animation and attacks without stuns/death would be unaffected.

Waiting on the fix for this.

1 Like

Tracer’s Ultimate is fine, the cast time is so short if you lose it during that time it’s your fault.

BUT MEI… they need to speed up her cast time, it’s already super slow and gets stopped by almost every stun inlcuding Hack in some cases, and it also doesn’t start right away even if you do fully cast it. I think speeding the cast time up would be really helpful for her.

Neither is really fine.

If the projectile is in the air, the projectile should stay active.

You know if I throw my ult projectile it isent part of me anymore Blizzard, it should be it’s own entity. Don’t delete Snowball just because Mei got stunned while he was already out there.

Yeah but thats just bringing logic into the game. Regardless Tracer has probably the fastest charging ultimate in the game with the fastest projectile cast time, if you somehow lose it during that short time then… well… you lost it.

Mei’s is just overall too slow, the cast time and ultimate both seem super slow before they actually start taking effect, overall giving the enemies way too much time to react. Sure losing Tracer’s ultimate makes no sense but losing Mei’s just feels cheap.

Don’t say Tracer buff, you’re gonna frighten the Mercy mains.

This has happened before already. Rein swings speed was increased by 10% just for latency/connection issues.

1 Like