Native mouse and keyboard support on PlayStation?

Could someone with access to the beta please try grouping with someone on PC from PlayStation and check if mouse and keyboard input works?

This was confirmed to work on Xbox which is absolutely huge news. Looks like we’re entering a new era of console gaming where we are no longer second-class citizens to our PC brethren.

Blizzard, THANK you so much for adding this. This will be a godsend.

2 Likes

FOV slider and KbM support, and make lobbies to for by input device like in Warzone. If consoles officially supports it, why developers insist on cutting options from the game?

2 Likes

I agree an FOV slider would be fantastic.

Apparently overwatch originally had mouse and keyboard but eventually they removed it. They said that they wanted console manufacturers to openly support it before they could add it. Xbox seems to openly support it but I’m not sure about PlayStation.

1 Like

Cool. Now they just need a feature where this doesn’t require someone from PC to group up, but using MnK forces people into PC-Only queues.

3 Likes

Ps4 and Ps5 both has official kbm support and auto-detects them when they are plugged in, I had played Warzone and Fortnite with KbM on playstation. I play mostly with friends on PC and it’s crazy, you are basically becoming worst player possible. IDK how in 2022 when Fortnite and their own Warzone has FOV and KbM on consoles they want to release the game to compete for FPS players without these features.

2 Likes

Give us a chance to pick keyboard instead of being forced to look for someone with pc. Im not playing beta right now because im disapointed that there is no support for m&k already.

2 Likes

I am completely shocked that Overwatch 2 doesn’t support mouse and keyboard.
I played Overwatch 1 for some good 4 years and sold my PC to get a PS5 and I learned OW2 would launch on PS5 and I would be able to play Overwatch 2.
I always regarded this game with the highest of standards over the years, but I’m shocked to know I can play Fortnite with M&K and not Overwatch 2…

1 Like

I’d like to know what is the reason for that.
I understand that M&K are unfair if you are playing against people with controllers, but the game is cross platform, so it doesn’t matter if you are using a M&K on a PS5 if you are playing against people on PCs…

1 Like

Simple answer whenever something doesn’t makes sense. Money… Blizzard simply doesn’t want to spend on implementing the feature. Like the game is released on PS5 and it’s completely missing the heptic feedback, which is the best part of shooters on PS.