Name Removed, but it didn't violate any Terms or Rules

I found my name the other day removed from my account under the reason that it had violated the Blizzard Policies but had no provocative or offensive terms in the name.

I submitted a Support ticket, but of course, got an Automated Response back, and responded to that, asking for a human respondee. That was nearly 24 hours ago, when the first response only came within 4 hours. Since writing this post- still no response.

The name in question is “EmoEboyTwink”, and while cringe, yes, does not violate any terms that I can see, nor is it, as listed in the Terms of Use:
Offensive, Vulgar, Hate Speech, Discriminatory, Inappropriate, Obscene, Disruptive, Threatening, Harassing or Unacceptable.

I am assuming the trigger word was Twink, which is associated with LGBT community terms, but seeing as ‘Lesbian’ and ‘Femboy’ are names I’ve seen around Overwatch, I am very confused at the standards here (Especially how supportive Overwatch, apparently, is with LGBT, even having cosmetics (Banners) in game with the terms Gay & Lesbian in them).

I ask on the forums of, and mention, Overwatch, as it is the only game I play with this account, and was reported through that game. I know this because a rather aggressive player threatened to report me for the name, and abused the state of the reporting system in Overwatch at the moment.

All I want is a human respondee to discuss & fix this, and get my name back.

1 Like

If you have an issue with an account action, you would need to open a ticket about the matter. No account issues are handled over the public forum.

Is there anyway to get in direct contact with a live service through a ticket? Like a phone number or chat?

They don’t do chat or phone anymore iirc, only tickets.

Do they only do the (what appear to be) copy-pasted/automated responses explaining their reasoning, or is there a way, or request, or something I can put to get me to talk with someone, like how we’re doing now, but through the ticket system?

Only tickets. Reopen the ticket if you’re unsatisfied with the answer. Appeal tickets are only requests for someone new to review evidence against the account/reasons for taking action. They don’t turn into a live chat or email chain to discuss the issue.

As for your name, I believe that people use the word in several different ways, and it can be seen as a pejorative. Even if you look up the definition, it includes “pejorative” as an explanation. Just avoid cringe names :woman_shrugging: