Mystery heroes and hero stacking

You get to choose 1 out of 3 heroes but you don’t know what those 3 heroes would be, i’d say it’s rather similar to having less rng in mystery heroes.

Actually that would be interesting if they added a game mode like that where you choose 1 out of 3 random heroes whenever you die.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. You need to duck-tape your head to keep it from exploding after that game from all the frustration.

Having a playlist of game modes would be cool. Like they stick all the arcade modes into a playlist and randomly put you into one.

1 Like

The worst most frustrating games I’ve had in MH often don’t have ANY hero stacks whatsoever.

You think the enemy getting 4 different tanks 2 support or 2-2-2 is going to be any better when you’re team keeps rolling nothing that can do anything about it??

yeah and nothing tops the feeling you get when you DO beat back the crazy combo and turn the game around and win. That’s the beauty of RNG.

It sucks when it doesn’t go your way but the same can be said about QP, comp and pretty much EVERY mode. Nobody likes losing and when you get rolled by a cheap comp it does sting a bit but you just gotta remind yourself that RNG is RNG and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

1 Like

I think that it would be much better if you could pick the game mode you wanted, just imagine having to play mystery deathmatch.

1 Like

So, this topic has come up since Mystery Heroes was a thing and I remember there being talk about creating separate game modes where you could select “no limits” vs standard (that’s right, STANDARD) rules where hero stacking has since been disallowed. I am STILL waiting to see this game mode implemented because if they offered one or the other every other week, great. If they just straight up offered both at the same time, I would LOVE to see the numbers chosen to see what the general preference for the game mode is. I totally get how some people are drawn to the stacking chance and how some abhor it, but it’s frustrating that I STILL haven’t seen the option presented for NON-hero stacking in Mystery Heroes, yet. This really needs to happen. If it’s 50/50, heck yeah! Put one and then the other next week or day by day. If it’s majority one, cancel the other or make it a daily random. I’m just upset that it hasn’t even been offered.

2 Likes

How about mystery heroes mystery heroes? it’ll be rng what one is in arcade.

I’d just like to see the mode reflect quick play rules but with random. Blizzard had to watch the impact of hero stacking because not everyone played competitive, but since quick play changed to resemble competitive, the need to balance stacking went with it. Mystery Heroes has become progressively worse since then.

Random will still have the chance of creating a monster team, but the more frustrating issues would disappear over night with an easy change. Or I like your idea. Just switch out standard MH with a limited version every week or two, then examine the response.

1 Like

I wish instead there was an increased chance of spawning as a tank/healer if you were missing a tank/healer. It feels horrible to play an entire game without them. It would still feel random, because you’d still be spawning as a random tank or healer.

2 Likes