Mystery FFA Killcam/Respawn Bug

Sometimes but not always, when I madly tap spacebar to ignore the killcam and respawn instantly as a new hero, instead of respawning the screen will go black.

The screen goes black for 1-2 seconds, audio for the killcam plays in the background. I can tab out fine so my graphics card is not resetting or anything, its only OW that is black screen. When the screen returns the killcam is always stuck on 1 Second till respawn for about 2 seconds during which time If I press any buttons they will affect my new character.

At one point I pressed Shift as part of my mad button pressing to get out of the killcam and when the screen finally changed I was Reinhardt and had already pinned someone against a wall.

This means my screen was stuck on the killcam for at least two seconds of my actions going onto my character without me even knowing I was spawned. Pretty sure the audio is mixing with the killcam at this point as well.

I have an M2 SSD, I don’t think my loading speed is a problem.

4 Likes

Had a similar respawn bug in mystery ffa while skipping the kill cam too. My screen didnt turn black though - the skip worked, and i started loading in the new hero, but then it replayed the kill cam while my new hero got wasted by a Doomfist.

The DF kill cam showed a very confused mercy trying to run around as I tapped keys trying to skip the additional kill cam :confused:

2 Likes

My experience is also similar. When skipping the killcam, the screen goes black and then killcam feed plays. I’ve aparently already respawned at this point. Two examples listed:

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem

This is exactly the issue I am running into.

yeah me too. this is so frustrating

This has been an issue for a very long time. I reported this issue way back, I think it may be related to FPS and/or ping. Nothing happened from my thread except people coming in telling me to get a new PC.

I literally just built my pc and I’m getting this bug very often. Probably my dorm’s shi-sub-par internet service.

same issue here. Its literally every time I die. My hardware is up to date, exceeds the games minimum requirements and my internet checks out. I love how Blizzard always say our stuff is f’d up. It is getting old. I also am being placed in servers that are way out of my region. if this is a ploy to charge for subs for Overwatch, I don’t see many people being around to pay it

I was attempting to capture the video of this happening to me as well.
I ‘respawned’ and then it cut to my new character dying before it even loaded.

Would like to reiterate that this is still occurring, during this weeks mystery deathmatch. Waiting for it to be added to the known bugs list, as this seems like no one has picked it up.

Yep, I will add to this as well, its still not fixed. There is a pause, then Killcam starts and you can’t stop it. Meanwhile, your character has already respawned and you are controlling your character, you just cant see.

Still an issue. Pretty annoying

And even after the last update, its still an issue. Still happening a lot.

1 Like

Still an issue in July 2020

1 Like

This happens to me all the time. I hate it. It makes Mystery Deathmatch even less enjoyable.