My Venture thoughts so far

They’re rather fun once you get them down. I like the primary fire. Takes a bit getting used to and im trying to learn the range exactly but effective and combos really great with drill charge. The voice lines and interactions are so fun and awesome! I can tell the writers and VA had a ton of fun here.

My only gripe with Venture whatsoever is Burrow. The wind-up animation leaves you extremely vulnerable. It’s supposed to be similar to Reaper’s wraith and occasionally get you out from a hairy CQC fight when you’re low health but by the time you use it when you’d normally use it at low health, you die before the animation finishes. Perhaps make Venture invulnerable at the start of the animation or make it like Cassidy’s roll and make them take significantly reduced damage during it. Just something to consider.

Other than that, yall cooked with Venture. Doesn’t seem overbearing and rewards skill without being overbearing cough cough Sojourn

i think the main reason why her dig has such a long windup is because it has a pretty hefty damage component to it, they dont want it to be a panic button with big dam

On one hand yeah, but the damage takes so long to wind up that you can easily get away from the worst of it most of the time. I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to try something like that. It’s just, i can be around 100hp and be like, “Oh, gotta burrow!” and in the time it takes for me to quickly think that and press the button, im in the animation and i can easily be killed before i get to my invulnerable state.