My suggestions for all heroes

I’ve seen quite a few of these floating around and since I propose ideas for heroes all the time I figured this could be at least interesting to see in a condensed manner plus it would help me to keep track of it lol

TANKS

D.Va WIP
Reinhardt No changes, Open to suggestions
Winston No Changes, Open to suggestions

Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Health increased to 800
Roadhog

Take a breather

• Heal removed
  • Increases Roadhog’s size by 50%
  • Max HP is converted to temporary shields that decay
  • Roadhog cannot be healed but shield decay can be slowed down when healing is received
  • when active, Roadhog’s critbox is moved to his bellybutton
  • no ult charge is given when in this form
  • during take a breather the range of his skills increases by 5m
Sigma

New passive: anti gravity

• Sigma naturally falls slowlier, no need to press any button
  • Crouch cancels this effect
  • Knockbacks don’t move sigma naturally, they send him airborne
Torbjorn

Moved to Tank role

Rivet gun

• Secondary fire removed
  • Animation for primary fire updated to be more responsive
    Hammer
  • binded to secondary fire
  • Upon right clicking Torbjorn hits the floor and a small shield comes up (smaller than baptiste’s matrix wide but just as tall)
  • Maximum of 2 shields active at a time
  • 200 hp per shield

Turret

• Only attacks when Torbjorn hits an enemy or a shield, adds a total of 50 dmg per hit
  • Can target projectiles automatically and destroy them like Dva’s defense Matrix, cooldown 3 seconds per projectile
  • Arms instantly

Overload
-Turret increases its rate of fire against projectiles (1 second cooldown in between shots)
-Everything else remains the same

Wrecking Ball

Grappling hook

• Duration reduced from infinite to 5 seconds
  • After 5 seconds grapple releases (gotta play around with the cooldown)
Zarya

Projected Barrier

• Energy gain halved
  • Can hold 2 charges
  • Can have 2 projected barriers active at the same time

DAMAGE

Mei Moved to Support
Torbjorn Moved to Tank
Genji No changes, Open to suggestions
Tracer No changes, Open to suggestions

Ashe

Updated thanks to Mummyhead

Bob

• AI updated to protect Ashe
  • Enemies who damage Ashe are inmediately targeted by Bob if he has line of sight on them
Bastion

Sentry mode

• new Animation updated to accommodate new rolling mechanic
  • if a directional input is given before sentry mode is activated, bastion will slowly roll in the chosen direction
  • Roll is slow but coincides with current casting time for turret

Recon mode

• new Animation modified to accommodate rolling
  • When a directional input is given and sentry mode is active, bastion will roll in the direction selected and sentry mode will be cancelled
    -Rolling is slow but the cast time coincides with the current one
Doomfist

Basically every skill becomes Rocket punch but in a different direction except for his ult

Seismic Slam

• Forward movement removed
  • Only available for use when airborne
  • Upon activation Doomfist slams down and deals damage in an AoE
  • can be charged mid air to maintain altitute and increase AoE
  • Enemies are knocked away from the center of impact
  • Enemies caught in the center could be oneshot if charged

Uppercut

• Can be charged to maximize damage
  • Enemies who hit the ceiling are dealt extra damage

Meteor Strike removed

• Doomfist hits the floor and creates a circle of impassable terrain around 10m of the center of impact, enemies caught in the initial impact receive a small amount of damage

Best Defense

• No longer grants shields upon dealing damage
  • Grants shields while charging
Echo

Focusing beam

• No longer deals bonus damage

Sticky Bombs

• Damage increased to compensate on focusing beam

Duplicate

• Upon transformation enemy ult is ready to be used immediately but can only be used once
  • Duplicated heroes only have 200 hp without counting their possible shields or healing
  • Upon death Echo returns to her preview HP value
Hanzo

Storm arrows

• When active ignore projectile curve
  • When active projectile speed is increased
  • Number of arrows reduced to 1
  • Cooldown reduced to 3 seconds
Junkrat

Steel trap

• Able to hold 2 charges
  • Allows target to move in a 1m diameter at 50% speed
McCree

Fan the hammer

• Removed

Holster

• McCree holsters his gun and reloads instantly
  • When holstered McCree can’t shoot
  • Upon cancelling holster McCree receives an attack speed buff
  • Holster locks McCree for 0.5 sec (or equal to his current reload speed)

Deadeye

• If not holstered, Deadeye works the same as currently
  • If holstered, Deadeye removes damage falloff for the duration but there’s no autolocking, damage is increased to 100 per bullet, only 6 bullets available, can’t reload or holster for the duration and gotta reload after duration is over or bullets are consumed
Pharrah

Crouch

• Pressing crouch while in mid air pushes Pharrah 3m down initially
  • can be held to until ground is reached
  • Spends fuel

Barrage

• Both Jump Jet and Crouch can be used to cancel barrage early
Reaper

Hellfire Shotguns

• Each shotgun is binded to left and right click respectively
  • Attack speed on each individual shotgun is cut in half
  • can use both shotguns at the same time but incurrs in attack speed penalty
  • Total damage reduced slightly

Shadow Step

• Removed

Shadow ascent

• Vertical version of wraith form, moves reaper up as long as its held
  • when used in combination with wraith form Reaper gains free flight for the duration
  • Duration 1 second
  • Movement speed 150% (50% buff over base speed, same as wraith form)
Soldier 76

Biotic Field

• Removed

Regenerative burst (Baptiste’s)

• Added
  • Can be activated while sprinting without cancelling it
Sombra

Hack

• Decreased Hack duration from 5 to 4 sec
  • Cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 sec
  • Penalty from being interrupted reduced to 1 sec
Symmetra

Teleporter

• Delayed cooldown implemented, upon pressing the button after TP is deployed, a warning sound will play for 5 seconds, afterwards the TP will be destroyed
  • Cooldown reduced to 10 sec
  • Cooldown starts as soon as the cancel command is given
Widowmaker

Grapple

• Grapple speed reduced by a third

SUPPORTS

Lucio No changes, Open to suggestions

Ana

Once upon a time I wanted sticky pads to make Ana climb on walls, however I don’t think she needs any extra survivability, instead:

New Passive Prone

• When pressing crouch twice Ana can go prone
  • Hitbox changes accordingly, it’s smaller but from the front she’s pure critbox
  • When prone speed is reduced to 75%
  • Cancelling prone is as fast as you can press the crouch button twice but all of your skills are usable during and mid animations

Biotic Nade

• Nade’s extra healing removed (this is a cool mechanic that could show up on a different hero in the future)

Nanoboost

• Instant healing removed
  • Upon cast applies a health regen buff to target of 50 hps instead of healing in a burst
Baptiste

Hexoboots

• Baptiste is now able to jump off of walls
  • when jumping in front of a wall exoboots don’t need to charge, as soon as you hit jump and there’s a wall nearby you will jump off in the direction you’re facing at half strength
  • Can only jump off of walls once per cast (no chain jumping)

Amplification Matrix

• Moved to E
  • Duration decreased to 5 seconds
  • Shape changed to that of a cylinder, height remains the same

Inmortality Field

• Moved to ult
  • Fast charge ult, like Tracer’s
  • Disc is not destroyable
  • By pressing Q after deploying, Disc can be recalled to bap to follow him around, press Q again to leave it in place
  • Duration remains the same
  • Casting time slightly increased
  • AoE slightly reduced

Regen burst

• Replaced with Biotic field (soldier’s healing station)
  • Height increased to ceiling limit, doesn’t goes through geometry but if there’s nothing in the way it can reach the skybox
  • Can be thrown out in an arcing projectile Thanks to BREMiJASSEY
Brigitte

Repair pack

• Charges reduced from 3 to 2
  • Cooldown between charges reduced to accommodate 2 charges
  • Overheal removed (read inspire)
  • Repair pack’s target acquires inspire for the duration
  • can activate 3 inspire (self is still a thing) AoE at the same time but healing doesn’t stack

Inspire

• Now Overheals up to 50 armor over time from the aura only
  • Allies can only receive armor from the Aura effect, main target of repair pack cannot generate armor on themselves
  • Armor duration increased to 10 seconds after inspire stops ticking
Mei

Moved to Support

Plates original idea by: Mummyhead

Icicle → Ice plate

• Damage removed
  • Can target allies only
  • Target receives 1 plate
  • Plate prevents oneshots
  • Only 2 plates active at a time, can’t stack them
  • Cooldown 5 seconds

Cryofreeze

• Duration changed from 4.25 to infinite (cancellable)
  • Mei heals around her when inside of the cocoon, 60 hps
  • Cocoon can be destroyed, 400 hp

Ice wall

• is now Translucent
  • Wall emits very weak healing around it, 1m surrounding it, 20 hps
Mercy

Regeneration

• by using rez on a living target Mercy can lend her passive to an ally
  • Cooldown is independent from rez, 6 secs
  • 20 hps, duration 5 seconds
  • Passive regeneration isn’t lost when lent

Valkirye

• Upon activation Mercy is propelled slightly upwards
  • Upon activation Mercy unleashes a wave of healing around her (20m, can go through walls) that heals 150 hp instantly to every ally caught in the AoE
  • For the duration, her beam heals 70 hps but is single target
  • Regeneration can’t be used on allies during valk
Moira

Biotic grasp

• Healing bar depletes faster
  • Dealing dmg reloads the bar faster
  • Healing bar passive gain increased after 2 seconds of not being in combat
  • Self heal removed

Biotic Orb

• Bounces only once
  • Sticks to a surface after first bounce

Fade

• Duration increased to 2 seconds
  • Passing through allies increase their healing received by 50% for 5 seconds
  • Passing through enemies poisons them dealing 10 dps for 5 seconds
  • Moira gets increased healing bar generation and health regen based on the amount of allies she passes through, 1 = 10%/10hps

Coalescence

• Movement speed increase removed
  • Can be cancelled by using fade
Zennyatta

Destruction orb

• Projectile speed reduced to 70m/s from 90m/s

Harmony orb

• Healing increased to 50 hps
  • LoS timer reduced to 1 second

Discord orb

• LoS timer reduced to 1 second

Transcendence

• Healing reduced to 200 hps
  • Orbs can be cast mid ult

whew that was quite a bit x_X just my two cents, I know there’s quite a bit of reworks even though I’m honestly pretty happy with the current state of the game which is odd… I just think these would push the game even further into better territory, not sure how these would affect each others though but it’s interesting at least to theorycraft

2 Likes

This post deserves a lot more attention

Thank you for the help! All feedback is welcome!

Wow, this is well thought out! Organized nicely too haha

I’d love this! The main thing I want for Baptise is some better control over his mobility. The vertical roll outs could be so fun with this

I never really thought of Mei as a support – I suppose I always felt like if anything, she’d be a tank. Still, this plate idea is pretty cool! I could see her attaching Snowball to an ally to support them somehow. The imagery of an icy support sounds nice.

This reminds me of a Brig “armor plating” idea I posted that was supposed to weaken burst damage while being weak to sustain.

I think the key is to figure out how they actually “stop oneshots”! Burst of health when they reach 0? Leaves them with a sliver of health left? Leaves them at 0 for a few seconds giving you/supports time to heal?

This is what I want for him! Really sad to see someone with so much gravity powers just play like a ranged reinhardt.

I would have gone in with full on making him have pure control over his levitation so he can contest from different angles but this sounds like a good middle ground! :joy:

This is good but I wonder if some Ashe players would prefer it the way it is now? They did a similar change to Torb but since Bob is Ashe’s ult, I wonder if the player would rather get Bob to target certain enemies/tanks from one angle so she can get clean shots from another?

Guess it depends but I’d love to try it!

1 Like

I like this but it does remove some of Zaryas required skill

Im just straight confused to be honest. So are these just rework ideas for every hero?

IT WAS YOU! Thank you for commenting! I’ll add your name to the post right away!

You are absolutely right, my first guess was for it to leave you at 1 hp but then that’s kind of… nothing really so my proposal would be the following

Plate is basically negative HP, meaning that it wouldn’t kick in unless your hp reached 0, once your hp is depleted, the amount of plate you had replaces your hp bar. I believe it shouldn’t be over 50 but who knows, it shouldn’t be stackable either and you shouldn’t be able to apply it under certain amount of hp, 50 seems like a good number

I didn’t think about that before, actually I agree that this isn’t a good change, bob is supposed to protect Ashe instead of just enhacing her damage… she does yell at him to do something as opposed to follow her, I wonder if there would be space for the AI to actually protect Ashe, meaning that bob would attack anyone that is in his line of sight and who would have harmed Ashe for his duration

this would encourage Ashe players to stay in line of sight of bob at least but all around I gotta admit this was a change for the sake of change, I’ll be removing it!

It definitely does, I think Zarya’s main skill is resource management both on energy and on cooldowns however I also think that she’s a bit lacking as a tank, giving her more bubbles would push her a bit more into defense, she’d need to focus on her fellow tank and whoever else is on the frontline with them (brig, Mercy, perhaps even the Ana further back getting dove?) in order to reach maximum charge

but nevertheless I agree, I just think this would be a fair exchange plus a different skill requirement as well, she’d be more supportive in this case

I hate that it became that, as I said on the end of the post, I like overwatch as it is today, these changes are more like ideas that could be worth exploring, a lot of these are mechanical changes as opposed to numerical ones because I feel like number wise the game is fairly balanced already but to me it is apparent that the community wants a bit more immersion when it comes to heroes

For example to me, Reaper is incredibly lackluster, we see all the things that he does on his shorts but then when you play him he’s just a shotgun hero who can escape and flank, I want to be challenged a bit more and these changes are my version of an Overwatch that focuses more on thematics than the pro scene, take it with a grain of salt obviously

I definitely agree. Sometimes you need more bubbles than you have to use.

1 Like