My rank has reset 6 times, demoting me 30 ranks in total

Your MMR became visible in between seasons and it said you are no longer plat4, you were playing in gold5 avg already but you didn’t even noticed that.
And to the OP, congratz with actually working matchmaker, boosted players now get back to bronze.
I play on 18 different accounts and there is no bug and never was, since you were all caliming about bronze5 bug, boosted those accounts with ease, tested.

nah homie youre just wrong this affected diamond and masters players who have been consistent too, me for instance consistent gm since ow1 and i got the glitch for 20 wins, gatekeeping me in masters. its gone now and i easily climbed but yea

2 Likes

This seems to happen to me everytime I get into the Plat range. I ranked up to Plat 5 last night, come to play this morning won 5 and now I’ve gone all the way back down to Gold 5 and now Gold 1. Its starting to become a joke

3 Likes

I just saw the exact same thing!!! see this

i’ve witnessed on several occasions this weird behaviour:

plat rank (hard to see what rank i am at as the icons are ridiculously small on a 1080p screen) but i remember it being plat 3 or plat2

play five wins (with a number or losses also, didn’t track - but def. on the positive side)

after the fifth win I watch the rank progression animation and it switches me to GOLD 5 first before placing me in GOLD 1!! wtf! I was plat when i entered the game that gave me the fifth win!!!

so two things here:

1. a positive win percentage out of 5 games and I’m put 3 ranks below!!
  2. it makes me think I increased rank ALOT by first showing a low Gold rank and the advance me to Gold 1.

seriously Blizzard… you need to fix this ranking system. it’s a disgrace.

1 Like

This is most definitely a troll response, you cant even type a coherent sentence. There’s many players talking about this bug. Just because you didn’t experience it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, what an ignorant mindset.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here but if you’re disagreeing with the existence of this bug simply because you have not experienced it personally, then a short look through the forums proves otherwise. This bug has been ongoing since Season 2 but the Devs have yet to even address it. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put this thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I had the same thing. I was plat 5. Won 5 games. The animation showed to me like if my old rank was « Gold 5 » and « up » me Gold 4. (But I was plat 5, not gold 5!!!).
I played and when I won 5 games again, the animation showed me « silver 4 » (and not gold 4…… I was gold 4 :neutral_face:) and « up » me silver 1…….

Is it a joke ??? Because this is not funny at all :joy: This is so frustrating. Can blizzard answer to us maybe??? I’m afraid to play again :joy: Next time what rank it will give me? Bronze 5??? (I was gold in the last season, I’m playing support).

2 Likes

Won 5 games as plat 3, no losses. After the 5th match, it showed me ranking up… from GOLD 3 to gold 1.

I lost 8 ranks by ranking up.

Can we get an official Blizzard response on this?

4 Likes

I just got a “rank up” animation going from Platinum 3 to Gold 3. Bummed out, was having fun and approaching career high.

2 Likes

This is why I don’t play comp. Between the enormous amounts of people effected by this bug and matchmaking hell which Blizzard says is now at its best ever (what game are they playing?), there’s no point. The fact that Blizzard has yet to even acknowledge this rank bug is unbelievable!

2 Likes

yep, won 5 games , 2 losses, but my rank not change. Stay at G1. Blizz please fix this. This is so frustrating.

4 Likes

It’s happened to me 3 times now with my tank on role queue. Everytime I get to gold 1 the next rank up screen I see it says I was silver 5 and ranked up to silver 1. (even after 5 back to back wins) it sucks i finally found an awesome group of friends to play with on role queue and now there diamond and I haven’t got to play with any of them this season. Other than qp and arcade of course. Ugh… so now I’m back to solo grinding with some of the most toxic transphobic evil teammates, who seem to put more energy into thinking up insults and slurs, rather than thinking up with strategies to win. :weary:

2 Likes

Have we heard anything from the devs? This has been a crazy big issue for so many players and idk if there’s been a response. Its happened to me twice >.<

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me

2 Likes

My rank is also doing the same, getting dropped during join games and showing multiple abandoned games on each level up. I played through 5 in a row and still did not change.

2 Likes

Update - 5 Won games as DPS, But rank change from S1 to G4 :smiley: WTF 5 wins in row without lose for only 2 division ? :smiley: Blizz please give to us back ranking system from OW1 :slight_smile: Ow1 ranking system works 10000000000000% better than this OW2 broken mess. And i no trying speak something about matchmaking…

3 Likes

Yes, it’s happening to me too. After hitting my season high of D2, I was then demoted to D3 after my next 5 wins (which was fine and probably even deserved based on my 5-5 record). This is where things got crazy though. From D3, I deranked all the way to P2 after my 5th win!! To be fair, I went on the worst loss streak of my 6 year career, aided largely by horrible matchmaking along with someone leaving on my team in 7 out of 12 games (why are Smurfs allowed again???) Then after going 5-3, I deranked again to P4!! And for the cherry on top, after going 4-1, I logged off. The next day, I got my fifth win, so I was so 5-1 in this round, but on the screen with the animation that shows your rank changing, it had me at G5 with a rank up to G1!! Again, my last rank was P4 so why the F did it have me at G5 in the first place?? WTF is going on??

Now I have to either grind back up, or just quit Overwatch. Even if they fix it, they won’t be able to put me back at my pre-glitch rank. I have been pretty diehard in my support for this game, but this just crushes my will to keep playing.

I also have a feeling that some people may have had this glitch in the reverse order, so they went from like Gold and ranked UP to like Diamond, Master, or GM. I say this based solely on how bad some of them are that I play with.

Also wondering if those of you experiencing this issue played OW1, do you have multiple accounts, and are your profile stats glitched in OW2? (I am OW1 player, only have 1 account, and my OW1 stats are massively glitched/missing). Maybe this is why only some people are experiencing it so any feedback may help the devs.

Lastly, this seemed to start for me after the most recent patch. Did you all notice it before or after patch?

3 Likes

Same with me. I was master 2 and got replaced to diamond 3, now Im stuck here. I just win 5 games with 2 loses twice, but still diamond 3. Please Blizzard, fix that, this is so boring and discouraging.

3 Likes

It’s been like 5 or 6 times for me. Always the same thing happening. From Plat 4 to Gold 4 → Gold 1.
This is crazy.

5 Likes

exact same thing happened to me just now :confused: from m2 to m4

2 Likes