My rank has reset 6 times, demoting me 30 ranks in total

There’s a current known bug that, when you win 5 matches and go in for your rank up, the game will demote you 5 subdivisions before adjusting your rank. This bug has happened to me 6 times since the launch of OW2. That means I have lost 30 ranks due to this bug.

Does anyone understand how ridiculous that is? Not only that, but I’ve also been hit by the bug where winning more games than you lose results in a demotion or no rank change. Ive had several occurrences where I get 5 wins and 1-3 losses and I end up ranking down, despite winning and over-performing during my low ranked matches.

I consistently outplay/match diamond players in my lobbies, yet I’m stuck in silver due to how badly my game is bugged. To further assist the idea that this is broken, one of my friends who I play with regularly created a new account and queued with me for awhile. We both consistently had nearly identical kills, damage and deaths, and of course the same W/L ratio. Y’know what? They ranked up to platinum in a day while I ranked down to Bronze 5.

When will this be fixed? This game is unbearably broken and its not fair for anyone in the mix.

Edit: Seems like a lot of people are experiencing this major bug. When will we get a response on this? This is game breaking.

22 Likes

Yeah, same here it just makes you not want to play anymore. I was masters 2, played one game after my 5 placements and then it says I replaced again, even though it was only one game. It replaced me to DIA 1. So silly honestly, now im stuck in DIA one after having to grind to get to masters 2, because every time I rerank it says I didn’t do any placements.

8 Likes

This just happened to me! I was originally ranked plat 4. I did my 5 placement games and when I saw my new rank it said I went from gold 5 to gold 2. Not from plat 4 to whatever new rank.

5 Likes

This just happened to me! Was diamond 4, played 5 games and deranked to play 2. It’s honestly SO demotivating.

4 Likes

I had a similar thing happen to me too, what I started to notice is my “In game progress” showing me how many wins to my next rank, started to glitch out. I’d have 4 wins, ready to get to my 5th & when I’d get on the game again, back down to 1 win… requiring that I get 4 more wins when in fact I should’ve placed next game. Truly disheartening for anyone who’s been grinding lately.

2 Likes

it happened to me twice so far in the past week, suddenly im demoted 5 ranks after the 5th won game (5 win 4 losses)
i wrote a ticket for it but blizz dont seem to care and say they cant see my account ranking

it really sucks when u try to grind and rank up to start almost over again

3 Likes

what did blizzard tell you? bc i havent got an answer yet

1 Like

I put in a ticket as well & they told me that they can’t view my comp history & to post about it here lol

3 Likes

thank you for posting this I’m having the same issue I can win all 5 of my games and go from plat 3 to gold 2 like it makes 0 sense I am also experiencing a big where I was plat 3 I had won 4 matches and before I played my final match I was deranked to gold 3 then got deranked further after winning my final match it is infuriating to put all your effort and time into ranked to be crapped on by the game I don’t believe they are capable of fixing any of these rank issues but I hope they atleast attempt to

4 Likes

I put in a ticket and got told they can’t help go to the bug forums this has happened on the only two tickets I have ever submitted I feel like they don’t care and are fobbing me off

4 Likes

Your MMR became visible in between seasons and it said you are no longer plat4, you were playing in gold5 avg already but you didn’t even noticed that.
And to the OP, congratz with actually working matchmaker, boosted players now get back to bronze.
I play on 18 different accounts and there is no bug and never was, since you were all caliming about bronze5 bug, boosted those accounts with ease, tested.

nah homie youre just wrong this affected diamond and masters players who have been consistent too, me for instance consistent gm since ow1 and i got the glitch for 20 wins, gatekeeping me in masters. its gone now and i easily climbed but yea

2 Likes

This seems to happen to me everytime I get into the Plat range. I ranked up to Plat 5 last night, come to play this morning won 5 and now I’ve gone all the way back down to Gold 5 and now Gold 1. Its starting to become a joke

3 Likes

I just saw the exact same thing!!! see this

i’ve witnessed on several occasions this weird behaviour:

plat rank (hard to see what rank i am at as the icons are ridiculously small on a 1080p screen) but i remember it being plat 3 or plat2

play five wins (with a number or losses also, didn’t track - but def. on the positive side)

after the fifth win I watch the rank progression animation and it switches me to GOLD 5 first before placing me in GOLD 1!! wtf! I was plat when i entered the game that gave me the fifth win!!!

so two things here:

1. a positive win percentage out of 5 games and I’m put 3 ranks below!!
  2. it makes me think I increased rank ALOT by first showing a low Gold rank and the advance me to Gold 1.

seriously Blizzard… you need to fix this ranking system. it’s a disgrace.

1 Like

This is most definitely a troll response, you cant even type a coherent sentence. There’s many players talking about this bug. Just because you didn’t experience it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, what an ignorant mindset.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here but if you’re disagreeing with the existence of this bug simply because you have not experienced it personally, then a short look through the forums proves otherwise. This bug has been ongoing since Season 2 but the Devs have yet to even address it. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put this thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I had the same thing. I was plat 5. Won 5 games. The animation showed to me like if my old rank was « Gold 5 » and « up » me Gold 4. (But I was plat 5, not gold 5!!!).
I played and when I won 5 games again, the animation showed me « silver 4 » (and not gold 4…… I was gold 4 :neutral_face:) and « up » me silver 1…….

Is it a joke ??? Because this is not funny at all :joy: This is so frustrating. Can blizzard answer to us maybe??? I’m afraid to play again :joy: Next time what rank it will give me? Bronze 5??? (I was gold in the last season, I’m playing support).

2 Likes

Won 5 games as plat 3, no losses. After the 5th match, it showed me ranking up… from GOLD 3 to gold 1.

I lost 8 ranks by ranking up.

Can we get an official Blizzard response on this?

4 Likes

I just got a “rank up” animation going from Platinum 3 to Gold 3. Bummed out, was having fun and approaching career high.

2 Likes

This is why I don’t play comp. Between the enormous amounts of people effected by this bug and matchmaking hell which Blizzard says is now at its best ever (what game are they playing?), there’s no point. The fact that Blizzard has yet to even acknowledge this rank bug is unbelievable!

2 Likes