My rank didn't rank up?

im gold div 1 and i played my games i lost 4 and won my 7. i was suppressed when it just gave me back the rank i was. im not really sure what going on or if this is what its meant to be? i didn’t play bad in any of my games and its kinda making me not want to do comp anymore if im just not going to rank up after getting my 7 wins. like i wouldn’t care if i ranked up one div but if im gold div 1 and i win my 7games i should be plat cuz one is the highest so it doesn’t make sense for me to stay the same rank. please help cuz i don’t get whats going on

112 Likes

Same thing just happened to me. Was Tier 3, then after finally winning 7 games, I’m still Tier 3. Thought we were supposed to be ranking UP after 7 wins. If we’re not gonna be changing ranks, then there’s not really much point.

14 Likes

Same thing to me. Was tier 5 and after winning 7 games, still was tier 5. Hope this gets fixed and they give me my right tier.

4 Likes

Same. Actually happened twice, 2rank ups and stayed in div 3

4 Likes

Same - I have progressed twice with 7 wins on Support and Damage, but I remain in Bronze 5, with no change. I am almost certain that I did not have 20 losses on either.

9 Likes

Yeah, happened to me too. Just won my seventh game and I just stayed at tier 5.

1 Like

You won’t rank up every 7 games, that would mean people would hit the highest ranks easily. If you don’t rank up from your 7 wins then you performed normally for that rank and are at the rank you’re meant to be.

Even with the bug that was identified it didn’t effect everyone and some people are at the ranks they are meant to be at remembering that OW2 has a lot of returning and new players who may just be better than you.

If you ranked up every 7 games then everyone would be GM eventually. At some point you have to accept you’re the rank you’re meant to be or you need to improve in some way to continue to rank up.

5 Likes

nah … i get what you are saying… but never have ever being placed in bronze… both my friend and i were both placed in bronze… i ranked up after the “fix” he stayed the same and he is better than i am… something is def still jacked up

17 Likes

But the thing is, in all the games I’ve played, where not only did i win the 7 and only lost 2-3 times. Each time I’ve excelled. Even the 3 losses i was top dps and kills. And yet still bronze 5. the lowest bronze tier. Not to mention back in ow1… i was gold rank. (though about a year or so ago. so understand why i got to the tier in the first place… but not why im stuck there)

7 Likes

The SR system is basically still there, just hidden. So you could have been losing more SR than your were gaining and ended up around the same spot.

It’s not about straight win/loss.

1 Like

How though? How would I be losing SR more than gaining if im winning more and dpsing more?

Yeah it makes no sense this has to be a glitch its happened to me before

Below diamond, SR is performance based.

It scales with how well the system thinks you’re doing.

Basically if you are carrying or getting carried.

yeah but i carry super hard and still derank after winning my 7 with a good ratio

1 Like

Alright and what if i’ve been the one carrying? For example at least 3 of those games I’ve had over 18k damage, 45 kills, and about 5-7 deaths. The other games I had alittle less numbers but still pretty damned good. Now I’m not saying I’m plat or diamond. But not a single rank up? Not even to say bronze 4?

1 Like

Not to mention Several friends I know who are also in the same boat as I am. Are even better than me. And yet STILL bronze 5. And for the record the last 2 times I shoulda ranked up. I’ve been solo q’ing

7 wins has never meant “rank up”

Tier Divisions represent the same skill levels as SR, but they give players a higher-level view of where they’re placed in Competitive. Each division represents approximately a 100 SR range. Players will receive a competitive update every seven wins, or 20 losses, instead of every single game.

Yes I get that by now. Its about doing well in the matches too. Guess what. I have been doing well. Extremely well in my matches. and yet still bottom rank. If that’s not a glitch or bug then that’s extremely sloppy mechanics where even people that are doing extremely well are still left in bottom of the barrel in rank. Bronze… Freaking… 5.

2 Likes

same here, this is the 3rd time i complete my 7 wins and it ranks me AGAIN in gold 2, really frustating

3 Likes

i hard carry half of my games and this is the 3rd time it ranks me in gold 2, its so bugged

3 Likes