My rank bugged?

Maybe im just that bad a player but uh some how when i went into a game as Gold 3 it showed at the end where you get to see if you went up or down in rank it said i was Silver 3 → Silver 1? doesnt really make sense since i was Gold 3 going into my last game lmao.

7 Likes

mine did a similar thing. I logged in last week as a gold, but at the next win I was silver. last night I finished a silver… logged into today as a bronze. I’ve long given up on this MM though. so I just play to have fun, if I stomp bronzes because of bad matchmaking… so be it.

3 Likes

This just happened to me. I was Plat 2 going into a game, and after I won it, it took me to the rank up screen and showed gold 2 to gold 3.

3 Likes

This just happened to me as well, I was plat 3 before my rank up games, I then won the majority of my games, however, during the promotion screen, it showed gold 3 and promoted me to gold 1. Please fix this, my friends are clowning me.

3 Likes

I had this happen to me too the other day.

4 Likes

I went down from Plat 3 to Gold 3 in one jump. I was genuinely excited when I reached my rank up game thinking I’ll finally get out of Plat. I did get out of Plat but the fact I went from Plat 3 to Gold 3 in one jump after spending ages grinding I felt disheartened. I win more games than I lose and I physically cannot get out of Gold 3. after a month I finally moved from Gold 3…to Gold 4. HOW. I’m sorry but I’m playing the same level I played when I got to Plat and I know for a fact I’m playing better than gold. I was told to post this and report the bug so here is my complaint. I am a mercy main I don’t rack up as many kills as I would as Moira or Zen I understand that but my style of play has not changed and so I therefore cannot understand for the life of me how I got pushed that far back and after weeks I’m unable to get out of gold again. blizzard please sort this out I know I’m not the greatest player but it’s unforgiving. I’m good as mercy I’m not amazing and I try other heroes too thinking maybe I need to get more kills but I cant get out of gold and if it is solely because of kills, make this more forgiving for those who do main mercy. really disheartening.

5 Likes

I made a post about this as well where I won five game to rank up to Plat 2 and than won 5 more but didn’t rank up instead it kept me stagnant at Platinum 2 and than yesterday I won the last game of 5 more and went from Platinum 2 to Platinum 3 which didn’t make any sense if it kept me static at Plat 2 for 10 wins and then dropped me after 15 wins!? Plus I clipped both instances and you can see in my clip that I was platinum 2 both times before it and I’m wondering are they going to do something about this because I’ve been grinding and climbing since Overwatch and I didn’t just grinding 20+ games to stay at a rank than drop down for some unknown reason… I want my Diamond 5 Ive grind for!

3 Likes

I went masters 2 to diamond 2 in one rank update. :smiling_face_with_tear: and then when my rank updated later when i was diamond 2 my rank update said i was plat 3 before my rerank and that I was plat 1 now.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

i can give a screenshot of my old highest peak which was my rank before i somehow went down, and my boyfriend was streaming so you could see my stats that game id had about 29.7k healing that game and he had i think close to 19k. It also wont let me post the links in here but i have screenshots.

1 Like

Maybe you can try posting those to a file hosting website like Reddit, Youtube, or Imgur and copying the link into the comments? That seems to be the most common method of attaching media onto forum posts. Ideally, it would be a continuous video showing your pre-adjustment rank, initial rank of rank adjustment, and final rank of rank adjustment, but anything helps.

Same thing happend to me just then, I started the game as diamond 3, then when I got my new rank, it displayed it as plat 3 going up to plat 2

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/1268smu/rough_game_bugged_tbh_but_oh_well/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

2 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you include a link to the stream as well?

1 Like

i hope that worked but yeah sadly i had no clips for the before but idk i was gold 3 before the game,
:frowning: i just went to his channel it seems like they dmced his vod im actually sobbing the first time ive actually seen twitch dmc a video, we assume it was cause of his music that was playing even though he has his spotify showing the songs he was playing :(. im so sorry i cant actually link it

1 Like

That’s very unfortunate. This bug appears to be account persistent however, so if you could, it should be fairly feasible to recreate. It would be a hassle to do, but more evidence of this bug would certainly be helpful to the Devs, but just remember, you are under no obligation or compulsion to go through all of that again. Even just commenting on posts like these to spread awareness is helpful as well.

Same thing happened to me last night, ranked up from Masters 4 to Masters 3 on 03/29/23 and logged off for the night after the rank up. Logged on the next day (03/30/23) saw that my rank was there, played one and game won, and during the after game stats/rank it showed my rank was Diamond 3. Not exactly sure what’s going on or why it did that but it seriously disinterested me from playing this game further. I did get back up to Diamond 1 but I’m kind of just bummed out from continuing to play. Is there any word on getting our ranks back or we kind of just SOL =(

2 Likes

This also happened to me. I was plat 5 going into the game. Then once I won and it went to the rank up/down screen it showed me as gold 5 instead of plat and then moved me “up” to gold two. This has happened before to both my husband and me back in season one. I really wish that they would fix this bug because it is somehow especially discouraging for the game to show you ranking up when in reality you are actually going down. It feels way worse than just going down a rank like normal.

2 Likes

well hopefully it helps others too, i know recently i reranked it kept me at silver one i dropped like 19k healing on mercy with like 65% healing and the rest on the dmg boost beam.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I was gold 3, it showed silver 4 and promoted me to silver 1. absurde.

2 Likes