My problem with Doomfist

Idk, maybe it’s just me but I really struggle to find usefulness for Doomfist in its current state…
He just feels a bit too much risky, which is not a good place for a tank (who supposed to survive longer compared to dps or support) to be.

  • I try to engage with seismic slam? I usually get melted in the air before I can even reach the ground. and I’m talking about a team without a lot of damage like Winston-Soldier-Ashe-Ana-Mercy (talking from experience… and it’s not like I had bad support either, our Kiriko had great cool down management and followed me even if I went to more riskier positions), not even heavy damage comp like Bastion or Zen… But what do you expect from a hero with only 450 hp but massive hit box…
  • Let’s say I somehow did manage to land? His punch takes forever to charge… By the time it’s reach I would usually be dead or very close to it…
  • And let’s say I did survive the punch? If I use it after land or in order to engage ,it does close to no damage or knockback so I would usually die immediately. If I use it after block, then I’m usually very close for dying due to block not really being that great… (you have higher defenses but you still don’t put damage while taking damage)
  • Even his ultimate is not that amazing considering you leave your team without a front line, only to cause a bit of aoe slowness and some damage…

Maybe it’s me but it just feels like Doomfist is a much worse version of Hammond. Both focus on knockback (grapple vs punch) and burst (piledrive vs slam & punch) while gaining more health the more enemies there are next to them (Doom’s passive vs Hammond adaptive shield). Both don’t have protections, only extra health or defenses.
But with Hammond it’s possible to actually survive and do some damage - with Doomfist. Even with great support he just feels like an ult battery…

2 Likes

Doom is a solid tank pick right now but his nature/design makes him extremely easy to counter compared to other tanks (shocker I know, probably because he was never meant to be a tank).
I got 500 hours on the hero and find the tank rework to be extremely boring despite him being way stronger than he was as a dps.

2 Likes

Doomfist is about displacement and ambush.

If you are getting melted in the air, you are being too predictable. In fighting games, that’s the fastest way to get bodied.

Doom thrives in areas with lots of cover, elevation and points of entry. Play him there. Open maps like 1st point Junker Town, he struggles.

Maybe it’s just me, but it just sounds like Doomfist became a worse version of his old dps self.
You’re still not built to get hit, and still rely on cover & surprise.
And while he can survive a bit longer due to the extra health, he now can’t even finish the kill due to the lower damage…

df is the only tank completely reliant on his healers. you get mediocre healers you are useless. the other tank is in front of them, moving way slower so he is easier to heal. even if he is winston or dva he can delete any damage for 4-5 secs. you only have 2secs and splash damage still hurts you. most games you win, you would win them with other tanks too. he is just bad rn. if you have a healer duo, ana/kiriko or mercy you can rank up. if not, the mm decides for you.

My idea how to return DPS doom without him being broken or nerfed into the floor, they can make tankfist into another hero instead.