My plan on placements

I’d just like to point out that unless you:
A: have never placed before
B: Have placed before but have not played competitive in 2+ seasons
Your placements really wont matter much.
At worst you’d be like 100-300 below your end rank last season.

I mention B because if you have not played for a long period of time the system starts to “forget” you and becomes less and less sure of where you are supposed to be placed.

In essence, that is the only way to get a redo with competitive ^^

McCree is hilariously bad in this game rn. Don’t let the crappy clickbait POTG videos and the “Fine Tier” crowd fool you.

i have 100 hours on mccree

Still can’t kill zenyatta

At least in my experience, this wasn’t the case. I started out playing at a silver level, more or less. I think I ranked 40 in season one, if anyone knows what that means or how it relates to the current SR system.

I then played ~300 hours of QP, the vast majority on Zen (look at my profile and weep). I started seeing golds, then plats, then diamonds, and then even masters/GM (I recently ran into Architect and Mangachu, two pro players). I’m quite confident that I’m nowhere near the GM level yet, but I improved a lot over those 300 hours before I finally went back and tried ranked again in season six. In that season, I was placed smack in the middle of gold, despite absolutely fragging on Zen. I was kind of discouraged by this outcome, so I took another break from ranked until season 10, at which point I jumped up 500 SR to mid plat. I’ve since worked my way up to ~3150 or so, but my point is that the game definitely didn’t forget me despite the fact that I hadn’t played in five seasons.

With that attitude maybe you should just simply stop playing competitive alltogheter, comp should be for people that want to give their absolute best, its just a lot of people doesnt get this.

Whats the point in fighting for any sr numbers if you already gave up on yourself.

1 Like

Tell me, did you lose your first game in that zen season, and did you win the first few matches of your season 10 placements?

And by the way that thing about the system becoming less sure was confirmed by blizzard, don’t have the source rn tho. I’ll take a look.

Edit:
Not the one I was looking for but might be worth looking at the part under the “skill rating” dropdown.

How competitive skill rating works season 11

Looking further for dat blizz quote ^^ - - > bored/google not being very helpful rn

Well, its your SR. If that’s your prerogative, go ahead.

Just, you know, don’t be surprised if you get banned from false report.

Zen with good aim can be a problem for someone with no mobility or way to protect himself.

i just need placements for points

I believe you when you say that, and frankly perhaps the system did forget me. I don’t claim to know exactly how the system works, but perhaps they only allow for a certain fluctuation between seasons? If I was playing roughly at a silver area in season one, then placed mid gold in season six, mid plat in season 10, it seems like those are some pretty big leaps, despite the fact that the majority of my improvement happened when playing QP while seasons 2-5 were going on.

1 Like

For the gold guns? I see, honestly thats still one of the worst reasons for any to player to do comp in my opinion.

Ive played about 700 hours of overwatch and ranked to masters, twice, and I only have bought 1 gold weapon… yes ONE, for my very best character that allowed me to break into masters which is soldier, I made a self rule to only purchase golden guns for the characters I have truly mastered, I only bought my 2nd golden weapom (zen orbs) until recently, next is prolly tracer or mcree.

The main reward of comp for me is learning my strengths and try overcoming my weaknesses, some people dont even identify those 2 at all.

1 Like

well, i have 864 hours and only thing this game gives me are apathy and frustration

1 Like

I’d highly suggest quitting, then.

Forcing yourself to play a game that only makes you feel apathetic and frustrated seems horribly misguided. There are tons of excellent games out there these days, not to mention all kinds of different hobbies you can sink time into.

i hate myself and want me to suffer, so i can’t quit

I realized I have much more fun when I group with like minded people with a similar skill level.

My suggestion is try only playing in groups or use the find group tool to meet players if you dont know many.

I know self-hated and self-deprecation are kind of just memes at this point, but if you’re serious about that I’d genuinely suggest seeking out a therapist or a close friend to talk to.

I don’t want to help myself

People who are depressed often say that. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for a decade now, and only recently began to make strides in fighting it. The biggest changes I made were a) seeing a therapist and b) taking hikes as often as I could. The second one might sound a little cheesy, but the first is something I highly recommend.

1 Like

meh

I’ve seen you around the forums but never so sullen. I hope you feel better and that your frustration eases up. Being human is hard sometimes.

2 Likes