My overwatch keeps putting me in the wrong servers

my overwatch keeps putting me in the wrong servers mid game. I’ll start on 60 ping for 2-3 games then it spikes up to 200-400 ping the weird thing is that i don’t have this issue with any other games, I’ve tried using a vpn and done all the things that has been recommended but nothing seems to work please help.

1 Like

You can’t switch servers midgame without leaving the match. Once you connect, that’s it, you’re on that server until the match finishes.

Without any network data, other players in the forum won’t be able to assist you.

sorry i meant mid play session so one game it’ll be 60 ping then the next it’ll be 300 and stay there. I’m on Australian servers by the way

There is only one server in Australia, so if you’re landing on another one, that would be a routing issue. Using a VPN can sometimes correct this while you wait for the ISP to update their routing tables.

The same happens to me I’m from México and since last year the game starts at around 60 ping and by the end it’s on 300+ I’ve seen people having the same issue and nobody has the answer for it, I’ve stopped playing comp because you literally can’t play the game, I wish Blizard would give us actual help it’s been like a year of this…

2 Likes

Also i’ve tried every method they recommend and nothing works, OW1 never had this problem, I do not have slow internet so I don’t know what the issue is here, a couple of my friends from México have the same issue across different internet companies and internet speeds so I have no idea we have run out of ideas, we’ve tried everything man, everything and nothing seems to work

1 Like

Players in México would be experiencing a different issue since their routing is on another continent. For instance, the routing peer near Chicago (not owned by Blizzard but connects multiple ISPs to Blizz servers) has an issue and it will affect people connecting from west and southwest North America.

I’ve tried a vpn and that hasn’t worked but i found out its not switching servers like i thought its just raising my ping and keeping it there, i have no clue why because i don’t have this problem with any game except overwatch.

VPNs in your area may be stuck going through the same routing as your ISP. I can’t say for certain.

okay so any solutions

I don’t work at your ISP or the companies they use for routing—I also don’t work for Blizzard. As a customer of the ISP, you should encourage them to look into the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.