My opinion on Mercy

I’ve been that kind of player that wanted her to be reworked really bad! I didn’t enjoy her because I was blind to how she used to be… Now, I have a different and more reasonable opinion in her state. Let’s see… Mercy is 95% fine and i will tell why:

• Mercy can still heal DPS and other supports comfortably;
  • If you’re team is mostly composed by tanks (like 3), just don’t play her. If you still want to play her, well… you won’t be able to keep them alive (and then you will start complaining because she can’t), so switch to Moira or Ana to make sure your tanks stay alive;
  • Rezz, even though many say it’s broken, it still is a game change factor (maybe not as strong as Mass Rezz) and I can prove it. Once, in a comp, the soldier in my team died and his ult was charged. I asked for a Zarya bubble and rezzed him. He ulted while I damage bosted him and we got a quadra kill (I stole his POTG though XD). There are more exemples but I won’t state every single one, but I hope you get my point.
  • Pistol is so useful! If you have a Moira in your team, your job just gets easier and you can shoot a bit (charging your ult faster).
  • Valkyrie, by the end of the day, needs a small change to actually call it a Ultimate Ability. My idea is to buff the healing to 75 hp/s to the main target and nerf it to the chained allies, making it 55 hp/s. This way she would be 100% balance to my eyes.

Of course this is my opinion and I know many of you won’t agree with it. But Mercy is not as terrible as many say. It all depends in your team composition and the map you’re playing.

5 Likes

Agreed…Mercy is in a pretty good state right now

9 Likes

Nope…
She’s not in a good state at all.

20 Likes

She’s a good place now.

But just wait. The devs are going to come with the nerf bat and will smack her over the head with it. Several times.

2 Likes

Gezz I hope not :joy::joy::joy:

No, they won’t, stop being over dramatic. Geoff said they are going to buff her probably if anything:

This is what he said when I asked if he would buff her healing.

1 Like

Yes, she’s the most balanced and fun she has been since launch IMO. Thank you for saying this :pray:

3 Likes

I can still heal 3 tanks and be solo heal so yea im happy! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same. I saw Luminum solo healing 5 tanks as Mercy in a comp game. He got over 10k healing in 3 minutes. It was CRAZY.

Jeez it was a just joke.

Nope. Her resurrect will always be stupid strong, no matter what anyone says. Being able to bring a dead teammate back to life is really strong utility and those who say otherwise just can’t play her right. The rest of her kit is kinda lack luster but damage boost is good and guardian angel is really good, baiting doomfist ult, making genji waste his ult, making winston waste his time, very strong ability. Might not be the epitome of fun and engaging but she IS a good hero.

It’s not funny though, it’s tired. Mercy hasn’t been nerfed in many, many months, she has only been buffed recently and is going to get buffed in the future.

Pessimistic Mercy players give the rest of us a bad reputation here on the forums and makes us look ungrateful.

1 Like

Look, I’m sorry if the joke made you uncomfortable.

All I want to say that was Mercy is a good place now. Until there’s some patch that we don’t know of about, Mercy is still the best Support in terms of healing output

1 Like

Shes good on console, but underwhelming on PC

Any amazing support player can make any of the supports viable. I know I did the same thing with Ana when she was SUPER UP. She was still fun and great to use!

3 Likes

The MASSIVE pick rate drop on her, even when they made her stronger with a higher win rate says a LOT about her gameplay.

She isn’t not viable, She is PERFECTLY viable, it is just that they ruined why people wanted to play her, so they don’t.

It was possible for them to remove mass rez without destroying the hero’s gameplay.

Her massive drop in pick rates show MANY disagree with that.

2 Likes

They only improved her gameplay tho.

Way better GA that is the most fun ability in the game by far, and way more skillful and powerful than before too. Considering GA is her core gameplay mechanic, the fact that it has been buffed, improved, and made more interesting and engaging means her basic gameplay has as well.

She also has an E ability now which offers her exciting high risk high reward plays and the chance to swing teamfights in her favor and bring back teammates for exciting plays. Rezzing someone who has an ult and then pocketing them through it is crazy fun, or rezzing your Zen or Lucio who has ult and them using it to save the team and knowing “Hey, I did that” is also really nice.

Her new Ult is super fluid, versatile, and stronger than mass rez IMO.

Overall, her gameplay is more fun, engaging, interesting, with more decisions. Her APM has gone up CONSIDERABLY since the rework, as many others have been saying on the forums recently.

People stopped playing her because she had a nerf train, became off meta for several months, and is now actually HARD to play and get good value out of. No more overly simple ez to play hero that she used to be :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A lot of people hate the new game play. When they held a survey most wanted Valk gone.

Here is where her game play got worse, and a lot of this is around flow state.

She used to have a game play, where her stand play was engaging, fast, and flowing. It is still kinda most of these thing, but, not quite - there is a lot of jankyness in it which didn’t exist.

so, one of the standard playstyles was you would GA to someone put the beam on them as you came in, and you would land, and GA to someone else. Pinball
Mercy it was called.

There was a lot going on, you would typically know before you jumped to heal this person who the person after that was going to be, since, you needed to make sure you could target them from your new position before you hit that position - you needed to make sure the position you were jumping too was safe, etc.

Standard mercy stuff, but it was a fast flowing style with a constant mental load on the person playing as her. It was like those shopkeeper games where you had people constantly flowing in, and you had to server them all in different ways etc.

And people loved it, her pick rates blew EVERYONE else out of the water, even though she wasn’t a strong hero.

so, lets see what happened with the rebuild.

Valk forces a mode shift, which boots your out of your flowing style of play. Rez now pauses you, which boots you out of flowing style of play.

At 50 hps, you can’t just fly in and out, and have people in a good enough state, you have to hand around, to make sure they are topped up.

With lower amounts of healing, the jumps to damage boost, happen less often. You can’t save people either by shuffling your flight order, since, at 50 hps, you are not going to save poop.

There is a lot of small bits of grit in the flowing play style now, it is VERY rare you can pull it off, since, there is so much between you and it now. So many little bits of grit.

They didn’t have to do that. You could have removed multirez AND kept that flowing play style which people loved.

They didn’t, and now people pick Ana all the way down in silver not because Ana is good, because in silver, she isn’t. But because she doesn’t feel like garbage to play.

They got REAL lucky with Mercy’s play style in 1.0 but, didn’t understand THAT they got lucky, and didn’t replicate it.

New GA is MUCH better. It is crazy fun, but, it isn’t enough when everything else stops flowing.

4 Likes

the reason why this wont ever be changed is because mercy was broken with her regular 60hp/s on normal beam because she completely negotiated winston tesla dmg so i doubt they will ever make it higher then 60 again which is fine her heal is unique and goes through every obstacle in the game.

Agree

Thats true, but even if you’re running the basic 2-2-2, her heals still lack to support the whole team efficiently

Rez is without a doubt a very strong ability, but E-rez, imo, is the downfall of mercy.

Having it on E makes it either need to be incredibly awful to use, or the rest of her kit needs to be weak for it.

That’s a change I really want too. I hate that her Valk doesn’t really enhance her healing- single target consistent- it just lets you heal more people. I want to ult to save somebody, not Ult to negate splash damage