My one main gripe with Kiriko

She’s using throwing knives. They are always on screen. They are sharp and point and do a lot of damage if they hit the head.

So why oh why does she melee with her bare hands?

Like, seriously! Is she afraid to accidentially hurt the people she’s already trying to kill? She should just freaking shank people in the streets, Tracer can probably give her a few hints on how her countrymen do that.

Also, quick list of other characters with painfully bad quick melee options: Doomfist, Reinhardt, Orisa, Brigitte

Yep. She should be jabbing with her knife.

4 Likes

HEY. Hey. Those knives are for throwing, not for stabbing. Shame on you. Have some decency.

I object because that one is hilarious.

They do actually swing with their weapons, tho :x

3 Likes

Mei’s languid punch.

Fair

They don’t even have a unique quick melee, just their primary attack, so I gotta be mean to them. Reinhard should be bashing fools with the butt of his hammer and Brigitte should be using her flail as a mace without the chain to bonk people.

If Torbjörn gets a separate quick melee on top of having a melee weapon attack then I see no reason why other heroes shouldn’t get one.

She should just money slap people with her Ofuda hand.

Did you not watch the short? She’s pretty capable with just her bare hands.

So? Being capable with your bare hands doesn’t mean your bare hands are your best option. A great martial artist once responded, when asked about what he would do if someone threatened him with a knife “Run away”

Kiriko has knives, knives are a great force multiplier. It doesn’t matter how talented of a fistfighter she is, she’s still gonna achieve more if she just shanks people.

Also, the combat section of my short has my official seal of disapproval because it literally goes “face kicking time” and then it’s not all face kicking. Should have gone “Knife throwing and 6 year-old-with-an-axe-rampage time” instead