My ideas for a tank balance patch

so first I thought of a possible general change to tanks: tanks give less ult charge when damaged (idk I just thought about this and am not sure whether it would be good or not)

(just a note - yes I do believe powercreep exists however I dont see a way that nerfing the few viable tanks we have left would make tank balance better/make people want to play tank more, so these changes go the buffing route rather than the nerfing route)

and now for the balance changes

off tanks –

d.va: change health to 300/300, 15m dm, boop immunity during boosters, and more dmg/tighter spread (and let her crouch in mech)

hog: idk maybe give him the heal cloud w/dmg resist from experimental, make hook combo more reliable

zarya: make both bubbles have an 8 sec cd, increase size of m2 at high charge, increase radius of grav pull

sigma: either leave him as is, or increase his dmg so that the two shots and rock can kill again while allowing his rock to be eaten/deflected

main tanks –

ball: is fine, maybe revert his last nerf

monkey: change health to 300/300, potential idea of giving him a cd reduction on jump when he gets a kill but maybe not

rein: revert shatter nerf

Orisa: not sure, but I’ve been thinking about two things

1. would changing recharge rates/cd on shields when two shields are selected while every other tank stays the same (this option disregards the changes I listed above) just make double shield a throw comp?
  2. if we left sigma as is and buffed orisa with either higher HP shield or shorter cd, along with buffing the other tanks, would the meta be a lot more varied?

so if we go with route 1, we could give orisa base 800 HP shield with a 7 or 8 second CD

and then if rein or sigma is also picked, her shield would go down to 600 HP/have a longer cd, and rein/sigma would have slower shield regen rates (despite making up this idea, I dont really like it)

but for option 2:
we would buff orisa to that same state as listed above without the second shield stipulation

I’d prefer this over option 1

this way all the tanks would be viable and more fun to play, orisa would be viable as a solo shield once again, sigma would see competition, and it beats making orisa and sigma as bad as, say, d.va and hog

I also saw the devs idea about making all tanks off tanks and personally I think that would be a bad route to go, since burst dmg is extremely prevalent and, for example, widow/hanzo/pocketed Ashe would be always good by default since there would be little to block their dmg

thoughts?

1. The Dva one is too much. I love Dva, but no 15m DM, that was absurd and allowed bad Dva’s to provide insane value. 13m, and everything else is great.
  2. I think he needs a rework, but this isn’t bad
  3. I don’t know if Zarya needs a buff, but this would probably be too much. Radius of grav pull is a fine buff though.
  4. Leave him as is, rock is the only thing saving him from dying to dive (which he still kinda does tbh)
  5. Revert the last ball nerf if these buffs go through just because ball would be underpowered
  6. I think just increasing his dmg or ammo would be fine: his health is the way it is because he has bubble, so he should rely on it the same way Hamster relies on shields
  7. Eh, why not, if everyone is getting buffed
  8. Option 2. Double shield isn’t inherently a comp that shouldn’t exist imo (unlike GOATS, which was literally unbeatable bar absurdly good gameplay). Double shield has always been able to exist, and I think it should stay that way. It’s just like any other meta: nerf it and/or buff the alternatives, and it’ll be less prevalent.
1 Like

100% agree with hog but i would add the damage resist, they have never been able to make hook reliable so i cant imagine them doing it now :stuck_out_tongue:

dont agree with simga he already does the same damage as hog

1 Like

sure, 13m is fine

I just think 10m is useless because its so hard to save teammates consistently

so many times I’ve directly matrixed a hooked teammate just for them to die anyways despite the animation showing I ate those shots

perhaps but idk what they could even do with him for a rework

thats fair

agreed

maybe but i think its too easy to just go reaper, hog, etc and just directly burst him

and have you seen how fast his health goes down during primal? crazy

the shatter nerf doesn’t really solve anything, it just makes solo shatters basically the one viable way to use shatter

we would have to see though

was that not part of the exp buff?

I didn’t remember but I thought it was

t r u e

thats why I think he should stay as is, but that was just a possible change if the devs wanted to consider that route

yes the damage resist was part of experimental but you specific said only the healing part, my mistake i misunderstood and thought you only meant that part of it

1 Like

ah alright

I’ll reword that in the op

do you have any other ideas, other than the exp thing, for hog?
bc I have nothing but would be open to hear other suggestions

1 Like

honestly i think the experimental changes should be enough but i would love to see his ult changed, my original idea was something like hog throws his healing gas at the enemy team like a grenade to damage them but that honestly seems just like torb’s ult

if the experimental changes go through then it would help one of the biggest issues with whole hog how you cant heal during it because he can heal with his own gas so maybe whole hog can stay relativity similar but i still would like to see a few improvements, if you can cancel deflect you should be able to cancel whole hog

my original idea for whole hog is it comes out like bursts, like storm arrow but a shotgun storm arrow and each shot pushes people hit back a specific amount so it would give you more control over whole hog

1 Like