My Idea for Mercy rework/buff idrk

So many Mercy mains have been crying out that Resurrect should be reverted back to Mercy’s ultimate and Valkyrie needs to be her “E” ability. I don’t really care if Mercy is reverted, or her ult is kept as Valkyrie, but as long as she is changed in some way that is better than the current state, I’m fine. So here’s my idea for what I would like to see changed in Mercy.

Now I would like to go over Mercy’s biggest problem. Her resurrect. Resurrect right now is garbage, overpowerd, and lack luster. You are handed one free res and that’s it. Previously you had to work for res. But now it’s handed to you and it’s not good. So here’s what I would like to see:
Resurrect

• No longer her “E” ability and is now bound to her ultimate Valkyrie.

Bounding resurrect to Mercy’s ultimate is more balanced than it currently is. Resurrect, as it is now, is Mercy’s ultimate. So combining it with Valkyrie is the healthiest option as of right now.

Now I would like to talk about the worst ultimate in the game currently, Valkyrie. I don’t how much more the Mercy community can stress that Valkyrie is GARBAGE. When it was first released it was overpowered I’m not going to lie. But with all of the nerfs that the balance team has put on it, it really is the worst ultimate in the game. So here’s what I would like to see changed to it:
Valkyrie

• Valkyrie is buffed from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. (This might be me, but whenever I’m in Valkyrie I feel like with such a slow and sluggish healing, I don’t have enough time to fill my teams health bar to full.)
  • During Valkyrie, Mercy gains the ability to resurrect 3 fallen allies. These 3 resurrects are instant and can ONLY be used during her ultimate. (This is probably the move controversial things in the post. Some people feel that bounding resurrect to her ultimate is the best decision, and I’m one of them. Other’s say should should have one res and a second one in valkyrie. But if they did keep res as an “E” ability, don’t keep her at such a sluggish movement speed. Maybe only reduce it by 50%? I’m not really sure just don’t make it so slow and boring.)
  • Chained beams are removed. (I say this because Mercy is supposed to be a single target healer and the chained beams completely negate that factor. I wouldn’t mind them keep them, but it’s kind of hypocritical of her playstyle.)
  • When activated, Valkyrie, increases the power of Mercy’s caduceus staff, increasing her healing from 50hps to 100hps. Her damage boost is all increased from 35% to 45% (or 50% I’m not really sure.)
  • Her movement spead during Valkyrie is increased from 9 movement speed to 10. (When Mercy’s rework first came out the 12 movement spead was way too fast. They decided to nerf it to 9 which i didn’t really like. So buffing it to 10 would seem pretty balanced to be.)

That’s most of what I think they should change to her to make her the most balanced and the most fun. Of course everybody has a different opinion of what those two words mean, but this is what I think. I really hope someone from the Overwatch Team sees this and at least responds to it. All I want is for someone at Blizzard to come out, talked about Mercy, and what they think needs to happen to her. Thank you so much for those who take the time to read this and I hope Blizzard will bring back our hero!! #notmymercy

1 Like

Good, but i think is too powerful this way, i would change this:

• Valkyrie duration is 10s instead of 20 (20 is too powerful for 100 HPS and 3 Ress)
  • Increase the Healing beam to 70 instead of 100 and the damage boost for 40%
  • Raise the charge needed for the ult by 10-15%

I think this way would be more balanced, 3 ress with 100 HPS beam and 20s duration would be too Much i think.
Good idea anyway!

1 Like

I had posted this elsewhere but moved It to a reply here. I have 100hp beams because they are used as the rez… see below…

I might as well pile on while tis the season…

I would like to offer my take on what I think would be a good springboard for helping restore Mercy to being fun again. Of course, I welcome suggestions to tweak things if people like the core idea of where I am going with this. Also, where I give figures for heal output, ranges, etc., those are arbitrary just to get the idea out there and subject to adjustments greater or lower for balance.

Primary, heal beam, no change from current.
Secondary, dps beam, no change from current.
Alt weapon, pistol, no change from current.
E ability, rez, replace with Nano Regenerator (below)
Ultimate, valkyrie, now gives flight and speed as current but now also turns heal beam into resurrection beam (below)

Nano regenerators: She can use the tech of her suit eiither to toss like a Zen orb but at short distance, or small ae radius such as melee or double melee distance that gives target (s) her personal regeneration rate for 10 seconds. 12 (single) or 15 (ae) second reuse timer. Stacks with heal beam if she uses them together on same target.

Resurrection beam: for 15 seconds, her heal beam doubles heal rate and can lock onto corpses. Once a corpse target has been healed for the health portion, Only, not armor or shields portion, of their hit bar, they are rezzed. It is up to the Mercy player whether to continue to heal armor and shields for that target or move to a new target. Of course, this means squishies rez up faster, tanks slower. This limits her to 1500hp of rez and it is spread out over 15 sec, still making her stoppable by opps with dps or cc while the capability is available. As this is an ultimate, and requires the linked heal beam for the duration, there should now be no movement penalty during rez. Any target she cannot bring to their full base health before ult timer expires simply respawns at base normally. Example, if Zarya only got 100 hp toward rezzing. Of course, there is no reason why she can’t just hit ult to double heal everyone in a crisis, either… Using it trying to keep everyone from dying reduces her capacity to get them back. She still has to continually choose between saving someone else from dying, simply doing it better for a short time, or adding someone back into the fray.

If this is too OP for multi res, I could even see it where 100hp/sec applies to live targets but only 50hp/sec on dead ones, slowing her to only 750hp of people rezed during the ult, and only if she spent that time doing nothing else.

Anyway, that’s the gist. Feel free to offer your constructive opinions.

Also, I just tossed the nano regenerates out there to keep her healfocused, but any utility or buff ability that helps others and not just herself would be appropriate. Feel free to suggest other options