My idea for a different ranking system

so there’s 50 million players, correct?

everyone is ranked from one to 50 million

show this list

and then the way it works is if you beat someone that is ranked higher than you, then you move up the list, right ahead of the person you just beat. so simple

this would also help with decay, because if you stop playing eventually people will defeat, those who defeated the decayed account

an extreme example. The 5 best players on the ladder and the worst player on the ladder face off against the players that are ranked 6th to 12th. if the 5 best player team wins, the worst player on the ladder is now ranked 6th.

Seems horrible, but you’d have to show a graph over the last 3 months to show the “real” rating of a player.

When matches are created, they just try to match the closest ranked players like they do now.

oh yeah, and all accounts start at the bottom, of course.

it’s tough to say if this is better than the current MMR system, because no one knows exactly how it works.

1 Like

What? with 20 characters

3 Likes

if i beat the player in 2nd place, I’m now in first place

But it’s a 6v6 game?

2 Likes

you’ve added nothing to the conversation

It’s quite easy to say that this is not better than the current MMR system. It’s just not a practical idea and knucklepuck was on the money:

You don’t beat a player, six of you beat six of them.

The current MMR system is actually very good. The problem is that the matchmaker uses MMR instead of SR in competitve.

Climbing is difficult because games are forced into as close to 50/50 winrates per match as possible regardless of your SR. Think about what that means. What was done as an effort to make games feel fair actually became the most unfair aspect about them. There is plenty written (and written off) about this so I won’t regurgitate it all here.

3 Likes

there are regions and assuming they are roughly the are size 16 million people never play the other 33 million

1 Like

no personal feelings but this is probably the worst idea ive read on this forum in regards of MMR systems. Like this … is just so random lol …

5 Likes

Lol this game does not have 50 million active players no way in hell

1 Like

No.

No.

What list?

Is this 1v1 game or what happened?

4 Likes

back to troll mode, I see

for those OOTL - OP flip flops between (semi)-serious posting, and subtle troll posting - this is the latter

Your idea have some kink to work out from it but it is better than the current system. I know almost exactly how current system working and I can tell you it is like imagining a matchmaker is high on illegal drugs and has failed a math class, this is what it is now.

Its some tricky statistics. There are 50 million accounts.

I personally have 5. Paid for one only, the lowest price during discount. The rest are our regional special free accs.