My friend has a season ban:

So my friend (I can supply a Battletag if required) apparently just copped a season ban when we went to play together today.

They have had literally ONE (15 minute) ban, yesterday, because they queued for a match which never started then got told they had a 15 minute leaver penalty! This seems to have happened to other people as well (evening EU).

Today it just showed season ban with no warning which I feel is grossly unfair and their support ticket has so far been unanasered (with a warning regarding competitive bans cannot be appealed) - what can they do about this? They are a huge fan of the game and this combined with harsh penalties on my account has left us both concerned and wary of continuing to play our previously favourite MP game.

3 Likes

Legit my friend and me both had this issue appear yesterday. Today we found out we are locked out of comp for the rest of the season. Worst part is, they will probs not fix this for another few days (if not weeks), and guess what, we won’t get any compensation.

Couldn’t do a ban appeal either, cuz this automated thing says you can’t contact for ban appeals…

1 Like

It’s a known issue they’re working on it and said don’t worry about creating tickets as they will reverse it for anyone who was affected.

Have you got a source for that please?

2 Likes

Is there an estimate to how long this will take? As this is an inexcusable bug, which is affected lots of players very negatively, I do hope it is a top priority bugfix.

I don’t work for Blizzard so I would not have an ETA on this.

My friend had their season ban lifted some hours ago if that’s any use for you?