My competitive progress randomly gained extra losses?

Last night i hit almost top 500 and got off, my card was 5/1 from the session and i started today with an empty. After losing my first game on and then winning my card says 1 win 3 losses? This litearlly isnt possible as when you view my match history you can see 6 games with 5 wins 1 loss marked with blue. And then after that you can see the only two games after the card completion being 1/1 marked in red. My last 9 matches consist of 4 wins in a row into 3/5 wins the next 5 games something is wrong here im not going crazy as all of my matches recently have only been support and i have random losses on my competitive card and i dont want this to prevent me getting to 500.

Match History

[type or paste code here](https://i.imgur.com/68h33S8.png)

Competitive Progress

[type or paste code here](https://i.imgur.com/ZJIzwDM.png)

And to add onto this there is another post here that talks about the exact situation i am having, and i just played a match with a player saying the same thing too

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/competitive-progress-shows-an-extra-loss/813079

For anyone reading this in the future i think the bug might be a visual only bug? When i finished my rank up according to my match history i went 5 wins 1 loss, but according to my card i went 5 wins 3 losses. When i ranked up i went 93% gm1 to rank 337. This jump in rank makes me assume that it was only visually saying i lost my matches.
3 Likes

Same thing happen to me it was a whole new card i won the first game for it and it said i had lost 2 but if you check my history its all wins so im so confused and i hope it doesnt mess up my rank

1 Like

i really hope blizzard looks into this issue and resolves it if these losses actually count towards ranked progress its really upsetting

1 Like

It’s happening to me right now. Brand new card had 1-0 yesterday. I didn’t play at all, and now Im 1-4

1 Like

Happened to me too! Twice, actually. First time It put me at 1-1 after winning 1 on a fresh card, second time it put me at 1-2 after winning 1 on a fresh card.

1 Like

i m Stuck bronze 5 for a bug that don t make me go upper rank even i make streak of 5-1 5-2 :melting_face::melting_face::melting_face: i think the ranked sistem Is gone ahahahahah

1 Like

deadass let me help you and i can prove you wrong. Your not able to get out because of your own doing. Bald Felix#5672 (discord)

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Match History Pages. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Thank you for including your evidence as well, it is very helpful.

1 Like

same for me i won 1 lost 1 and it says 5 losses and i have proof on my history that it’s not true

1 Like

this literally happened to me, i was 0-1 , played and won, came out and now its 1-3… PISSED TBH i hope its just a visual bug, almost t500

1 Like

i hope it is too it’s so frustrating

1 Like

This just happened to me, i have won 4 games and lost 2 but it says i have 4 wins and 4 losses and it doesnt make sense, thats why the SR system was way better

1 Like

It does count against you. I have confirmed it. It just happened to me again today. I’ve been reporting this bug since May and have heard no word.

2 Likes

Can also confirm that they count.

At one point, my bf gained 11 extra losses on a single 5 win recalculation. His friend who played with him and also just finished a 5 win set prior did not get the extra losses and had their actual 5 and 3 record.

Friend stayed the same rank. Bf dropped from Silver 5 to deep into Bronze 5, so it definitely counted all 14 losses.

It still happens a lot. He gets 1 extra loss with the first win of every set, and often multiple others, with actual losses being worth 2.

Started 3 seasons ago and never got fixed, though some days its only that first extra loss each set.

2 Likes

Yeah I got my extra loss after my first win in the set too.

1 Like

This bug is still there in 2024…It shows 1W1L when I won my first game after the progress resetted. so it seems like they don’t care at all :frowning:

1 Like