My account is muted (kind of)

So when I play competitive I play main tank mostly so I shot call, yer today I came onto my account joined a group and queued, when we got into game I choose reinhardt and realised I couldn’t talk, I joined group and team, I didn’t get you message saying I’ve been muted or a warning, I don’t think it’s a mute because it shows a sound icon with a line going through it beside my name, I don’t know what to do? Any help or info would be appreciated

Try checking your control settings for the mute button and unmute yourself.

How do you mean? Should have mentioned I’m on ps4!

Make sure your mic is working.

Mic definitely working

if you are muted … you will see a msg.

1 Like

Ah, well then I have no clue. I was thinking you accidentally muted yourself. You can mute and unmute your own mic in-game, at least on PC.

Thanks for the help, no luck, I’m definitely not muted as I got no msg an my mic 100% works I used it yesterday

I’m on ps4 so that can’t work :confused:

Yeah, you should edit main post.

Does ps4 get updates? (And can they be rolled back, then reapplied?) Can you try a different mic?
If like the windows issues I’ve seen, it may be that the ps4 drivers for your mic have gone awry.

Might be applicable:

Can’t rollback, mic is brand new and worked yesterday, can’t see why it would be mic but I checked anyway and no mic works

i had this issue once… it was caused by my mouse… i bought a new one and it was gone. it was also very weird since i only had in overwatch not any other game.
it didnt happen again for now with my new mouse.

Try sending a support ticket here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch

Tell them the problem but make sure to say that you’re on the PS4. I have heard that the GMs can’t help with some console specific issues so they may tell you to contact Sony.