Move QP to Arcade

At least that way, the expectation that you might get a decent team composition will be mitigated.

Replace QP with “Pre-Comp” or something similar with superficial SR gain/loss in your current SR and MMR as the determining factor for matchmaking.

6 Likes

My friend. Find a way to make yourself use group finder. Ask for players of your elo only. Enjoy the F out the game.

True story.

18 Likes

Or you can just not click on the QP you know!
Nobody is forcing anybody to play it.

2 Likes

That would only make it so that nobody plays the Arcade QP and everyone would just play the “new” “pre-comp” just like they play QP right now. I don’t know what you’re after with these changes but nothing is going to change with extra steps. Players will still stick to the most common casual gamemode and expect proper gameplay as stated in the CoC/ToS

2 Likes

Something has to be done in QP.
It’s a mess of a mode and who wants to play a normal game without the competitive mode mindset has no way to play.

3 Likes

Playing properly for a win =//= competitive mode mindset. In QP nobody’s expecting you to actively communicate with your teammates, pick top meta heroes (asking you to switch from the bottom heroes isn’t the same), enjoy the synergy, always position perfectly and so on. They just want you to play the game for a win without going out of your way to do some really dumb stuff or to throw. That’s literally all they want you to do whatever gamemode you’ll play outside the arcade. Not doing so makes you eligible to be reported for gameplay sabotage even in arcade but players just probably won’t report you there.

1 Like

There is this thing called group finder that legit gives you the power over what kind of teammates you have.
And anyone saying it takes too long or whatever…Don’t bother, i use it all the time it takes 2 minutes tops to make a group. If thats waaaaay too long for you to get an organised, communicating, well balanced team. Then F it.
There is no mathemathical algorythm in this wolrd that will magicaly bring you exactly the teammates that you want. You know cause matchmaker can’t read minds over what a player whants to pick and play before game.
But guess who can= Group finder. it is literaly role queue that you all are asking for

1 Like

People always complain about not getting a “decent comp” in QP or comp, but never choose to use LFG, a feature meant to help you find a decent comp for QP and comp. Boggles the mind.

3 Likes

I did tried it out too several times.
It takes a lifetime to find a full group, a lifetime to find a game and after the first fight half of your team has left the game, leaving you alone trapped in your tank roster with no healers and against 3 snipers bullying your team.

I never talked about playing exactly with the teammates and all the other stuff you pretend I said.

I just wanted to play a game trying to win it without gaining or loosing SR in a way that I don’t find myself together with other 5 dps and against 3-4 snipers all the time.

1 Like

If you don’t want to resort to LFG, then just instalock a main tank.

Funny thing is, practically every game i’m in, i get teams that actually try.

Apparently, because my main is a Main Tank, everyone just naturally forms a good comp whenever she shows up.

When i pick a DPS this happens

And when i pick Tank, this happens

So just pick a main tank, your team takes the game more seriously, and you get better games. No need to resort to begging, ordering, demanding. No need to ask, they just do it on their own.

Maybe we are on different server, but it never took me long. I think the most it took me was like 4 minutes maaaaax. Also when your entire party is the same elo, queue times are like instant. if you take anybody into your group, then you get like one silver, one master, one gold, and your group skill rating is so diverse that the queue times are long.
I use it for qp, and it takes seconds, even with me removing people that join constantly because of either they are not the rank i’m asking for or private profiles.

But a lifetime to make and queue???
My man, i don’t remember when i played qp without it, it went fast for me even before noon. + 2 extra minute wait is super worth the games you get.
People leave but its not common.
i just type in search “chillplay, plat only, eng” i put 222, but i -do not- enforce roles, so people can switch up if they feel like it, or switch if they need to stall point, like tanks can go tracer, doom mei in those scenarios.
And if one playing isn’t vibing with you you can just kick him, or if someone leaves or dces, you have fun with the rest of you team until the end, and searching for a 1 man replacement is super fast.
Although after 3 games i get tired cause i feel like i played comp (but a fun version) at which point i disvand the group and go to arcade or come play later.

But the more you use group finder the savyer you get with it and the more it pays off. And inspect people who join, its not a big effort its one click and a look with your eyes, i take anyone between 2400-3100. (cuz i’m in the middle of that)

So… competitive SR?

So long as we have limited slots, no thank you. We don’t need yet another horrid mode taking time away from the actual good arcade modes.

Completely nullifying the “Jump right in and play” purpose behind QP and “Pre-Comp”. It takes time to form a group and takes longer than normal to queue a game in a stack.

Wrong. The casuals sporting “lel, it’s just QP” mentality will go to the Arcade QP while those of us who’d like QP to actually be a practice/learning environment would likely favor the “Pre-Comp” mode.

AL gets it :+1:

That’s exactly not the case in about 70% of QP matches… Insta-lock, no-swap teams full of DPS, maybe a healer, and rarely a main tank. People aren’t playing to win in QP. They can’t be convinced to even play in a manner that promotes good habits and good practices because “it’s just QP dude”. A “Pre-Comp” would offer reason to actually care about what you’re doing.

And no, I’m not asking for meta picks all the time. But I am asking that I have a non-ranked game mode that doesn’t have sym, torb, and mei on one or both teams with no supports or tanks.

LFG keeps coming up…

LFG is not the answer because it adds time to build a group and find a game. The secondary reason for wanting a “Pre-Comp” is to have a “click and play right away” mode that also promotes intelligent game play.

Look at my profile. My game time is symptomatic of the fact that, without the few players like myself, in most games nobody will pick the tank and/or support roles.

I love Rein and I have fun playing the other tanks, I also enjoy playing supports (look at my time on Ana) but I also like playing DPS with someone that will prop-up the team so I can enjoy the benefits I so often provide to other players.

No. Your SR (inherited from Comp) would never actually change but you would be presented with a +/- SR projection based on your stats and your win or loss. Your MMR would still remain inherited from your Comp MMR.

I can agree there. Arcade should be a menu for players to choose from any of the game modes therein, not a limited, rotating roster of games.

1 Like

The point is, the games become instantly better, not just for the composition, but that everyone’s more likely to play seriously when there’s a main tank. But the problem is, tanks have been nerfed so much that using them is painful.

Every time tanks get nerfed, QP becomes worse.

People keep having tanks nerfed, then complain that nobody tanks. Tanking is so bad that without an incentive, nobody is willing to tank.

But rather than making tanking better, the solution people bring up is to enforce 2-2-2 in QP and force others to tank. And your own solution is to get rid of QP entirely despite the source of the problem being the tanks getting nerfed in the first place.

It’s the case for atleast 70% of my matches. We need more people willing to tank.

2 Likes

You didn’t even read the title, did you?

You completely missed the point of my post didn’t you? OP is angry because compositions are always bad in QP and wants to get rid of it and replace it with something that he thinks will make people not pick the hero’s they want.

But the thing is, it doesn’t address the reason people don’t pick the heroes he wanted. All that will happen is that you get bronze Sombras in GM games.

I review my videos, and part of that is checking what the players actually main (Learning that the enemy team you thoroughly pwned are mostly Mercy mains kinda takes the wind out of your sails). Before the profiles became private, i realized that the overwhelming majority of players do not pick their mains. Most do not pick their top 5, and it’s not unusual for them not to pick any in their top 10.

What you want to happen, is for people to pick the worst roles, with no incentive to do so.

Group finder is virtually dead even during peak times, lol. I agree with OP… I’ve been having good experiences in QP, but that’s likely because I main support.

The “it’s just QP” mentality makes it unbearable for people who want to actually practice…

3 Likes

i like QP the way it is. And i like comp the way it is - out of my mind. How about you do the same.

Guess what? Comp isn’t the entire game. Comp wasn’t even in the game initially. I can play casually and enjoy it, fill when needed, and try my best to win. That’s my idea of fun, and that’s why i paid for this game. So what… does that make me some kind of second class citizen in here? because i’m not on the comp bandwagon like you? i play QP with a competitive spirit, and i think a lot of other people do. So who cares. Do your thing, i’ll do mine, and stay out of my way.

1 Like

Read.
The.
Title.

The entire premise of your argument is based on a statement I never made.

Actually, I have no idea who you’re arguing with. None of what you said is related to the points I’ve made.