Move on from Mass Rez

Actually they said it encouraged a certain kind of playstyle that blizzard didn’t like, which it definitely did, regardless of the SR system at the time.
What we don’t know is how OFTEN it happen, Blizzard knows though.

5 Likes

given that almost the entire time spent on her is identical to how it was over a year ago…id say shes AS fun as she was then…people picking at straws

3 Likes

Among all heroes? The only heroes I have more time on are Junkrat, Genji, Winston, Roadhog, Genji, and of course Lucio. Mathmatically, that’s correct, though. Most of my playtime is dedicated to Lucio.

Hide and Rez, a product of the broken SR system. They could have easily tweaked it to get rid of it, but a certain popular youtuber started a witch hunt, and eventually everyone was crying about it and using the exploit as a reason she needed to be completely reworked.

21 Likes

Its actually a product of how the ultimate worked, but okay :kissing_closed_eyes:
(yes tempo res was probably better). Again we don’t have any data on any of it.
Suppose the SR system didn’t help matters though.

1 Like

And you know what’s possible…? Tweaking the ult! :blush:

7 Likes

Maybe instead of telling people to stop voicing their opinions, you should just focus on you. I honestly don’t get why everyone is trying to crabpot Mercy players with this. If they want to speak up and say they don’t like the rework, that’s their right. You can post that you like her, that’s your right, but don’t tell other people what to post about.

36 Likes

This is a very subjective statement. I have 200 hrs of mercy in total, and I don’t play her as much any more because I am a tank player, not because she isn’t fun. I can still jump into a game and play mercy and have fun.

3 Likes

The game does not need to stay the same to fit your personal spectrum of fun, either.

16 Likes

I dunno. Single-target instant Rez on a cooldown + 4 Rezzes in 20 seconds thanks to the two Rez charges Valk gave you and the reduced cooldown of instant Rez during Valk + how ridiculous her flight speed and damage were early on… It can’t be a simple mistake. Any developer wouldn’t, in their right mind, allow something as outrageous as this go through, and then proceed to nerf it bit by bit for 6+ months instead of taking swift, immediate measures. In comparison, Ironclad Bastion was gutted in 4 days by the team. It’s like they really, really wanted Mercy 2.0. to be amazingly powerful, imo.

2 Likes

But I didn’t see op ask for the game to be changed so it’s fun for him.

2 Likes

They gave her an SR change before the rework but it didn’t do anything to make Hide and Rez less common.

8 Likes

Valkyrie or Mass Rez?

That’s a fair statement. I didn’t really consider that. I think it was just me being caught up in all this hatred.

Also fair, but there cannot be this “unarguable” statement constantly made about the hero as a premier argument. That’s all I’m saying.

1 Like

the one thats relevant today i hope

My point is that fun is subjective. I played Mass Res Mercy before invulnerability and I found her about 500% more ‘fun’ than current Valk Mercy. That’s my opinion. It’s not an unarguable statement, because fun is an ultimately subjective thing for each player.

However.

If you run a carnival ride, and you get feedback from the 100 people who rode your new ride that 89% of them thought it was boring, and 2% thought it was fun, and the rest had no opinion, would you really not make any changes to the ride?

29 Likes

People want her changed
They won’t stop speaking because some randos on the forums are tired of hearing it.

They’ll be vocal until something productive is done about it. Get over it.

21 Likes

What if Blizzard answers and says no? (at least to Mass Res)
What then?

2 Likes

like the 2 previous times jeff said something?

probably ignore and continue to spam :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Consider Five Nights at Freddie’s. I’m assuming you are familiar with it.

Now imagine it had a survival mode where you went until you got killed and the animations were significantly less aggressive.

Would that be as fun? To some people sure. To others the fact that you don’t have that build up towards the end then the joy of victory or crush of defeat would kill it. To others the fact that that mode is less deadly would kill it.

Why am I talking about Five Nights at Freddie’s? Well honestly it is because Old Mercy basically functioned like a horror protagonist in an FPS. Mass Resurrect provided a very large reward for surviving, similar to winning a FNAF night does and also provided the reason for the other players in the game to hunt her above all others. Now that Mass Resurrect is gone… Mercy offers a different kind of fun than she used to. I personally don’t like the current fun as much as the old fun.

1 Like