More weird audio volume and footsteps issues

On Petra a Roadhog uses a jump pad to flank but I don’t barely hear it, so he kills me. Weird thing is, in killcam seen through the Roadhogs perspective the jump pad volume actually is really low. I then spawn near the same jump pad, use it and the volume is normal. Compare the volume when hog uses it versus when I use it:

Then in Dorado as Hanzo I’m flanked by a full armored Brigitte but don’t hear her coming at all until she’s right behind me. Killcam shows her walking normally.

I really hope Blizzard is looking into these audio issues, players are dying from not getting these important sound cues.

4 Likes

One big big is that if Reaper teleports while you reload and they aren’t in your point of view then you won’t hear him shoot or walk until you either get him in your POV or he takes damage.

This leads to odd situations where you suddenly die because you couldn’t identify why you were taken damage until it was too late.

4 Likes

Reinhardt’s ult as well when wearing the Football skin

1 Like

Yeah, there have been lots of weird issues like that lately where you just don’t hear enemies coming at all. Happens with Reaper, sometimes with McCree, Mei, Brigitte, it’s like you have no chance to react. And to make matters worse they’re all extremely deadly at close quarters, so it’s like they get a free kill.

I think somethings bugged in the audio system tbh because this wasn’t happening before.

3 Likes

Maybe that explains the odd solider ult I didn’t hear but everyone else did.

Was playing Moira defense on horizon and the enemy team was flanking top, all I could see was a dva using dm and then all of a sudden I couldnt dodge enemy fire and was just mowed down instantly, sure enough in the kill cam a solider with ult had killed me. I didn’t hear it activate in the kill cam either but I could see it.
Would’ve used fade to get outta there and to cover had I heard it, everyone else in my group heard it and thought it was weird I was trying to just dodge a soilder ult instead of taking cover.

Also explains why I was playing brigitte and flanked a Reinhardt without him hearing me at all today.

Hope this gets fixed soon, I don’t have fancy headphones to not hear things happening around me.

4 Likes

These audio bugs have been persisting for months. It’s a pretty game-breaking bug given how critical audio is for situational awareness. I also hope this gets fixed.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been having the audio issues with enemies for months and months. The most recent patch though, I’ve started having issues with hearing teammate ultimates too which makes playing Ana and Sombra especially frustrating.

3 Likes

I still can’t hear Reaper. It’s been months and months now. I keep dying to Reapers because I can’t hear them approaching me from behind, and they’re not crouching either so there should be footsteps.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s happened to me a few times too, one time I didn’t hear a Hanzo ult and turned the corner right into it. Then another time I turned around a corner to see an ulting McCree, fortunately I ducked back out before he shot.

2 Likes

A Zen main posted about the Reaper issue about a month ago:

I’d been experiencing the sound issues back then, too. Radio silence from Blizzard on this issue, though. Seems like a lot of people are experiencing it but it’s not being talked about enough for any devs to notice.

1 Like