More weapon skins?

I think it would be cool to add more weapon skins other than golden. The game has been out for a while and I’m honestly shocked at how there’s a whole category for weapon skins… but there’s only one skin for every hero which is golden.
Adding more weapon skins is something me and some of my friends always talk about. Like most games have a lot of variety with them, and I love collecting weapon skins. Even if they were challenges for certain weapon skins, that are limited every so often. Add a few more base comp point weapon skins like golden as well.
I just feel like it’s weird that they have a whole category for them, but only are able to unlock one per hero. Unless it’s really hard to create weapon skins or complicated, does anyone know why they don’t do them?
One thing I always love about fps is customising my weapons. Imagine a nice Ruby weapon skin, or a nice Emerald one if we’re going to match with golden type skins. I just think it would be really cool. Maybe there’s something that’s stopping them or if it’s more complicated than it seems?

1 Like

Right now they don’t seem to have any plans to introduce new weapon skins, especially for Competitive Points. With most of the development focus on Overwatch 2, chances are we may need to wait and see what changes come in both the short term and long term for the franchise.

They also should let us use weapons separate from skins.

For example, let me use Witch Mercy’s broom staff while wearing Pink Mercy’s skin, etc.

Use Widowmaker’s Black Lily gun with her White Serpent skin, etc.

Would give lots of customization

Could go one step further and let us swap heads around too

4 Likes

Oh yeah… the pachimari skin head on the butcher skin :sweat_smile:. Or the Halloween knight helmet on the summer Pharah skin.

yeah… I want a electric skin for Rein and Sombra in particular.

The only problem would be that only you can see it, so it does not clutch vision for other players and stuff.

I did a mockup of what this would look like on my Twitter, I’d like this feature a lot! I really like the camo grinds Call of Duty has and tbh, Overwatch already has a category for it so imo it’s a much needed feature