More Transgender Characters

This is transphobic but okay.

2 Likes

some people act like a trans character would affect the game in a super crazy way. literally all of the characters could be trans and it would have literally no effect on the game. i am all for trans characters and hope to see one one day. if that day comes i am going to enjoy laughing at all the mad terfs and transphobes loosing their minds

2 Likes

We will probably have a trans character in Overwatch 2

God. This again.

I have no care of what who characters in this game like to frick. It has no bearing on gameplay nor in dialogue.

Tracer doesn’t go around saying “thats for Emily” or S76 do spouting ‘Gay pride!’ nor has any skins or phrases. The only thing that comes close to representing is Tracer’s spray, which could easily be construed by someone not into the lore as a sister or freind, etc. With Brig in the game someone could assume it’s her with just a glance.

I’m sure a trans person will be in the game, just because people are going to whine and whine until they actually do, to be ‘Politically Correct’. If they do I want it to be a new character rather then make it up to be someone in the cast already.

Pus seriously, the amont of trans people in this world accounts for 2% or Less!. I have a seriously hard time believing in this handful of characters there is also a Trans person in it. The LGBT community would like you to believe they are all over the place when they simply aren’t.

call me trans/homophobic if you want. I love everyone and have no qualms with any skin color or beliefs and who people want to frick. I just don’t see a point of it in this game unless it seriously has any bearing on gameplay/story… Which in the end of the day, it won’t.

2 Likes

This is unacceptable. They are non binary and that’s final.

2 Likes

This is not about being “Politically correct” this is about representation. In the media, especially in games, there is 0 trans representation. But there is representation of communities who are a small part of the population, like rare health conditions (This is assuming your correct that the trans community makes up 2% of the world population). I’m going to get a little personal and dark for a second. When I was younger I hated myself because I thought I was abnormal. There was no one else in my world like me. That led to extreme depression and self loathing. All it would have taken was 1 hero in the movies I watched, in the games I played, in the books I read, to convince me that I was normal and that my existence was acceptable. I’m sure there are many other trans folk who agree. Media has a huge impact on peoples lives. You have heroes like you in the media that you can look up too. I don’t. And that fact is very hard for me to ignore

1 Like

Zarya has done so many roids that i’m pretty sure there are testies there somewhere. She counts, probably.

Wow.
Are you really trying to explain to a trans person what trans is about?
Thats like next level Mansplaining.

You are obviously stuck in a binary construct of things.
Male and female are a biological things that both ccan express in a rainbow of color and paterns. To try to force it into 2 very specific path is limited thinking at hs best. Society creating bunch of random rules about what a biological man or female should be, these narrow ‘‘rules’’ are far to actuallly represent the beautiful and colorful variety of people. Trans is not just about changing sex.

3 Likes

It seems we allowed LGBTQ+ yet it is unacceptable for them not to be everywhere. They didn’t like butting in on their lives yet insists on butting in and demanding they have 100% inclusion in everything? In that case no more gay pride parades because they only represent gays and not straight people.

The problem is when people become too obsessed with control and believe that not only should they dictate how to live their lives but also believe they can dictate the lives of others.

Live and let live.

this reads like a cheap thin glass plate. fragile, ugly on the outside and nothing of value on the inside

Beautifully poetic, however without reasons your speaking as If you dictate reality uncontested.

i dictate my specific reality. i don’t haft to explain it to you

Your right, I assumed you wouldn’t want to be irrational or look stupid without considering the possibility that you intend it to be or you are.

I may not understand why but your right, you dont have to waste my time with an explaination, nor would I wish it.

Its ‘Look up to’. not ‘Look up too’.

Also yes there are heros I like, but I don’t ‘look up to them’. I don’t look at fictional characters as people to look up to. I look at people I know or historical figures. Looking into media to find some sort of confirmation is just silly.

You have the privilege of being represented everywhere. How would you feel if every character who looked, sounded, were like you didn’t exist? That’s where I live. In a world devoid of any trans character in the media I consume. Wouldn’t that hurt? Wouldn’t that convince you that you were abnormal? That society considers you abnormal? And as a child weren’t heroes in stories more important to you then they are now? As a child you internalize a lot. You learn from everything you see, hear, smell, taste, and that includes stories both fiction and non-fiction. You were given representation as a child and you internalized normality, as in you consider yourself a normal human being, I never did, I still struggle to this day trying to convince myself that I am a normal human being, that I am not an abnormal or disgusting, you don’t have to deal with that kind of experience because everyone in popular media looks like you. No one looks like me. No one

I live there. I don’t care that much about being represented.

At the end of the day, as long as the characters are well written or fun to play, then everything should be fine, regardless as to what they are.

I… am Trans though?

I know. I waa talking about the persoo were mansplaining you.

FINALLY some common sense I read from a trans person here, thanks!

1 Like

Perhaps you haven’t completely read my posts. It doesn’t matter that they are trans, that person is trying to hijack the whole word and tell me that only their specific definition of what Transgender is. I work with many Transgenders that don’t fit their description of it yet they are transgender and not gonna deny the reality of the existence of multiple trans just because 1 wants the word for theirself. I’m suprised you say I’m too binary wheb I am the one arguing that a large spectrum and variety of trans exist.

Just cause they are Trans doesn’t grant them absolute authority over terminology used by the entire world. In the same respects, just because I am a man does not mean I alone can set the universal standard of what a man is, and if tried to and a woman were to call me out on it, she would be correct despite not being a man.