More hints pointing toward Season 8 Tank Mauga (Short Story)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/13vy280/further_proof_that_mauga_is_the_season_8_tank_new/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/13m3p7q/it_cannot_be_denied_anymore_next_support_is/

(Why don’t Reddit post links show up like twitter ones anymore?)

1 Like

This is compelling, but I’ve expected Mauga twice now and I’ve been hurt both times. I’ll believe it when I see it

1 Like

We did get mauga, they changed him to sigma.

Let’s just hope they retweet this

and the Blizzcon cinematic that they will use to revitalise Overwatch 2 be centred around Mauga and Baptiste in Monte Cristi in a similar style as Honor and Glory. Present time + Flashback + Present time

Manga?

Sounds japanese.

Aren’t there enough?

But listen to this:

And we were developing the character of Mauga.
Abilities didn’t fit the personality of Mauga.
They still have big plans for Mauga in the future

In other words, they had his lore, personality and look decided but when they tried to fit him with the abilities that Sigma ended up getting they said it didn’t fit him at all since he’s supposed to be aggressive and in your face like Doomfist. Not scared to charge in but scaring others as he charges in.

Second: Samoa poster. Peru and Samoa poster in the new Antartica map. Next support will be PERUVIAN after seeing the roadmap showing what we get in Season 6. Exact same poster used to tease the support. Mauga has GOT the be the tank related to the Samoa poster for Season 8.

We got Sigma but they postponed Mauga. He’ll probably be the next Doomfist level hype hero.

I’m genuinely hoping that he has the dual chainguns on a CD or as an ult. I’d love to do something like the Talon Heavy assault as actual player gameplay.

EDIT:
I will say it was nice to see them straight up write his name in the course of the story rather than just imply that he’s who Bap was concerned with/thinking about. Hopefully that’s indicative of his coming up, but you can never tell with ABK.

1 Like

Teaser Tralier:

What an absolute unit.

I can only wish this as the Mauga teaser:

MATCHES ALMOST UNDERWAY! GLHF ALL :palm_tree: :coconut:

I want to believe!

1 Like

Two more weeks and he’ll be in the game

i hope so. he looks so awesome and it would be cool to have an islander hero

i was upset by the rammatra release earlier but ramm is a pretty cool hero too so i wasnt that mad

1 Like

the text adds absolutely nothing new compared to what we had learned in Baptiste’s short story. :sweat_smile:

the poster clue is more interesting. :thinking:

Voice Line Spams
Genji: I need healing
Doomfist: And they say
Kiriko: Wait till you see me on my bike

Mauga: You’re welcome

1 Like