More and more control - it is not the way

How can you say that?
All indications tell us, that Hero Bans is indeed coming.

Look at the dev tracker

You must be trolling.
Im not replying to you anymore.

You are far too late all this stuff has already been discussed and bans are off the tables (official statement von Jeff)

#closethisthread

I know, there is still some possibilities for one of the GOATS with a DPS. The devs just have to balance their way out of that one.
Question is if GOATS could even exist today after the Brig rework.

It’ll just become 4-1-1, 4 is dps.

And there’s that as well.

So what? That isn’t too bad IMO.

Remember, you still have to win, and if you continue making sub-par comps, you will drop like a stone SR-wise.

Solo role will drive players away, especially the so much needed tank players.
Guess why we lack so many tanks

You post this after Jeff already confirmed hero bans aren’t happening.

One support comps is terrible, the first team to kill the support wins, its one player with a big target.

Any 2 or more supports comp. can beat an one support comp more easily (it all depends on player skill, which role queue improved with separate SRs).

I still have a good point, because 2-2-2 is an incredibly hard control mechanism, and it is that which I am after.

If that is so, then don’t make it! Just go with two healers instead. 1-1-1+3 is much like the old system, except you will have GUARANTEED one tank, one healer.

If you make sub-optimal team comps again and again, you will drop like a stone SR-wise.

IT IS NOT SOLO ROLE!
You decide yourself how many healers you want. You can even have four if you like. But you will be guaranteed one, which is a huge improvement over the old system IMO, where you could actually end up with 6xDPS.

It seems You never played in the old days, 3+ DPS was pretty common, tension and toxicity were incredible high and this will comeback

I had a DPS only alt account which I gave up after +30 matches because I was hated for instalocking DPS. You open your mouth in voice and people start to attack you.
Playing on my main acc (support) wasn’t much fun either, solo healing or solo tanking was a horrendous experience and this happened quite frequently.

Later on people just gave in and played what it is needed and not what they wanted and the “i don’t give a flying flamingo” attitude was clearly visible, people didn’t care anymore

That’s why unrestricted is hated by many people, especially tanks and supports

Ignoring the fact that role queue also gives freedom to players such as myself, the fact that they aren’t implementing hero bans completely disregards your idea of “control mania” that you originally described.

Read my reply in the post above yours.

Essentially, this system will just guarantee you at least one tank and one healer, making it an improvement over the old one, without making it as restrictive as 2-2-2.
It doesn’t dictate anything beyond the minimum of 1-1-1. You can have up to four healers if you like.

But create a sub-par comp again and again, and you will drop in SR. So if you want to climb, the same rule apply as in the old days: You need to form a proper comp.

No, I don’t agree. I find 2-2-2 extremely restrictive.

1 Like

You assume that only one team will build a sub par comp and that’s where you are mistaken.

Like I said before: Multi DPS was common, the norm, no exception

Implementing one controlling system is not “control mania”

They are not adding “more and more control” like your title suggests.

If you love the current system, fine by me. We can agree to disagree.

Well, originally we could choose 6x Winston. Remember those days? I agreed with that control being put in place, as it was unbalancable. But 2-2-2 is IMO too much.

Sure, but you didn’t brought up any counter argument why the playerbase should have changed