MonteCristo's thoughts on why 2-2-2 is good for the game

As much as I don’t stand with PezLex… You just lost this argument by resorting to rank shaming.

3 Likes

I mean, sure I’m in gold since I don’t have a lot of time to comp and I have a hard time telling silver friends no. Look who devolved into looking at profiles because they couldn’t actually come up with an argument.

You auto lose when you resort to personal attacks, gj.

1 Like

There was no winning an argument against him in the first place. He says he doesn’t mind solo tanking, but doesn’t play main tank other than orisa. And the reason I don’t care is because 2-2-2 queue is coming, sooner or later. Him complaining isn’t going to change it.

I don’t play main tank because I’m not good at it nor do I have the patience to learn. If anything, solo tanking or healing in gold should solidify my seriousness about the issue since there is minimal coordination and I still don’t care.

Jeff hasn’t outright said it was coming, just that they we’re looking at the idea. Don’t get your hopes up, the game doesn’t offer enough to justify the wait times.

Besides, the personal attacks mean nothing to me, but still makes you less credible to people on your side. That’s why it matters.

1 Like

Ah and you call yourself a flex player. Here let me draw it out for you as someone who does play main tank. I would rather stay in spawn if I have to main tank without an offtank and 2 supports.

Then stay in spawn and get banned, I don’t care what you do.

Edit: says the person that just crapped on the person that flexes to off tank.

Nah, I’ll just switch to hog. But at that point, I am not really playing competitive, I might as well be playing qp and going for frags. I am sick and tired of matches like that, which is why exactly I have quit doing solo queue in OW until 2-2-2 comes. Problem is, at diamond + it’s very hard to form six stacks without significant time investment.

Sounds like a personal problem

1 Like

Nah, I am just calling you out on your bs. You yourself have stated that after you’re “tired tanking” you go 3rd dps and say eff it - ruining games for players like me that do care about competitive AND that is why you do not want 2-2-2.

1. I never said I do that in competitive.
  2. I’m always the last to pick in comp.
  3. Anything other than 222 isn’t the end of the world, even in comp.

But that’s ok, you rank shaming just shows you’re an elitist and don’t actually care about anyone’s perspective that doesn’t match your own.

I am not an elitist. My friends went to masters/gm and I can’t play with some of them anymore because I couldn’t climb as fast. Hell, I am actually sorry for calling you out on your rank/ border. But you just said that you don’t care about going 3 dps in qp - but suddenly you care if it’s competitive? Pray tell, why is that? At least be consistent.

This is where you lost and your argument lost any credibility. Sorry

If anything, I have been consistent. I think 222 is a bad idea, period. Some of my favorite competitive matches we’re 5 tanks 1 healer, or all tanks, or all healers.

The topic is about 222 as a whole. I don’t want it in QP or in competitive. Hell, in other threads you said some pretty nasty things when I talked about liking weird comps like those even in comp.

I don’t care how sorry you are about rank and level shaming, since it’s irrelevant and still just showed you had nothing left to say.

1 Like

In my experience, nearly every time I’ve ran a weird comp in competitive, it usually devolved into toxicity and name calling with me desparately trying to fill in the holes so the team will have some semblance of cohesion. Did we win some of those games? Sure we did. Most we didn’t.

It is stressful, and definitely not an enjoyable experience in solo queue. I am all up for weird comps if you’re doing six stack with people you know, but leave those out of solo ladder.

Furthermore, the higher up in ranks you go, meta becomes prevalent. GOATS is still not a thing in diamond solo queue, but if you try six stacking- you will regularly go up against goats. It is boring.

Furthermore, as an argument for 2-2-2 is balance. Brigitte is useless in 2-2-2 and pretty much requries two other supports. Tanks have been nerfed to break GOATS, Supports have been nerfed to break GOATS - all of these characters used to be fine in 2-2-2 setting, but because they do too well in 3-3 comp and only 3-3 comp, they had to be nerfed. Do you see where I am going with this? With no forced 2-2-2, OW has actually less variety in competitive play.

Should have tried that argument before you devolved.

They are valid points in favor of it, but ow isn’t ready for it

Yes it is, it was a mistake that it wasn’t launched with things like this which lead to most of the problems we have now.

2 Likes

Not gona generate views in that video, so i will just say that i dont care what people like that say, i dont even know who is this XD

I came prepared for this

1 Like

You don’t really need to, just take a look at LFG right here. It takes about 5 mins to go from creating a lobby as DPS, filling it up and get into a match. I’d say 5 minutes is more than reasonable to wait.

1 Like

I agree that if they we’re going to add it, it should have been implemented at the start, as well as proper scoreboards stats available like they are in every other game.

Jeff and the rest were naive to think their hand holding game where they expected people to not main heroes or classes and switch when necessary would stay that way, if it ever was.

I just don’t feel it would end as well as people hoped after implementation since it took 3 years.